Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion

Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion (http://auralmoon.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion/Prog News (http://auralmoon.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Hello I am new here.!!! (http://auralmoon.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3266)

darksideof 06-19-2007 05:11 PM

Hello I am new here.!!!

Hola amigos"
Actually, fews members know me all ready 'cuase I am almost every day chatting with them in the shout section of the Great site.
I just want to formally introduce myself.

I am from the Dominican Republic the land of the latin beats Merengue and bachatta and Great baseball heroes, which it made it even harder to find any prog fan in this country. Where almost this kind of music is almost or completely rejected.
Well, I moved to New York( Thank God, praise the Lord!!) when I was 18 years old and I live here ever since, however I discovered prog music in the Island! thanks to my Dear uncle, who also is a huge prog/fusion fan.

First I was introduced to the classic progressive bands in the 80's when prog-rock was not a cool thing. Actually, I believed that prog rock was pretty much dead in the 80's. As me and my uncle saw bands like Genesis, Yes, Rush betrayed their prog's root. better said "totally abandomship". so because of the lack of good music in the 80's and 90's and my desperated needs for any worthly good music I was introduced to fusion and Jazz. However, It took me quite awhile to get into. Now I am huge fan thanks to "prog".

I am extremely amaze, since the begining of the 90's how prog music had become fashionable all over again. (Look at all bands that I never heard of on this website whao!!!). I am overwhelm of how many bands out there are dedicating their talent to make prog music.
We are blessed to watch this happening right now!!
We should take avantage and enyoy to the fullest.

It will be a pleasure to discuse about prog/fusion/rock and Jazz with you guys.
God Bless the progressive rock fans and all the progressive music bands out there. !!!!:thumbsup:

Rick and Roll 06-19-2007 05:45 PM

Re: Hello I am new here.!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by darksideof (Post 26707)
Hola amigos"
I am from the Dominican Republic the land of the Great baseball heroes

You got that right. While few in the USA play anymore, it's always cool to hear stories of those who have very little making it big. I'm presently reading an SI article about Omar Minaya, who now is the top dog for the Mets.

Thanks for the post and hope to chat more with you...remember, be nice to the prog ladies here!:flutter:

Moonoffruits96 06-19-2007 05:54 PM

Welcome amigo from Australia member moonoffruits96

OverHillandDale 06-19-2007 09:29 PM

Welcome, Darkside, to the Moon. I've enjoyed getting to meet you in the Shout Box. :rawk:

It's interesting how music can follow through your life in so many ways. REad thru the thread about how people came to be interested in Progressive music. Quite interesting. Many different routes to the same place.

And Baseball. World's 2nd greatest sport. (I don't dare knock soccer of futbol in an international forum :notsure:) I'm a big fan and rivals of your teams in NYC, being from Atlanta.

So, I'll be looking forward to our chats. Happy progging! :-V

darksideof 06-20-2007 12:25 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome.!!!!
rick:
Of course I will.I all ready have 3 ladies in my live I know how they are.lol.
my dear mother which I love with all heart.
my daughter which I can't live without.
My dear wife who keeps me on check all the time and of course! I love her with all my heart and soul.
Speaking of baseball!!!
Ever since the Mets aimed their staving eyes to the caribbean players specially Dominicans I have a greater repect for the team. These young kids are the future of the Mets and let's have this prayer in our heart that they will lead to a future championship. I extremely happy for what the team is doing to the unfortune poor land. my home land. They are helpping so many poor family down there. they're building up and creating facinating dreams to these families. I really apreciated.
hey! overhillanddale:
soon I'll tell you what I have been through as a prog fan. you won't believe it .

ViolinCyndee 06-20-2007 02:32 AM

Nice to meet you darkside!! :)

GORT 06-20-2007 09:29 AM

I'm glad you've come aboard darkside, I've enjoyed chating with you in the shoutbox.
Cheers