Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion

Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion (http://auralmoon.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion/Prog News (http://auralmoon.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   YES - Hall of Fame - vote! (http://auralmoon.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6138)

Moepheus 10-16-2013 06:25 PM

YES - Hall of Fame - vote!

http://www.rockhall.com/get-involved/interact/poll/

Yesspaz 10-16-2013 06:43 PM

Re: YES - Hall of Fame - vote!

Beat me to it!

I voted for Yes, Deep Purple, the Zombies, Peter Gabriel, and Cat Stevens. I picked Stevens over Nirvana only because he's the long shot and Nirvana's the shoo-in.

Yesspaz 10-16-2013 06:46 PM

You can vote at Rolling Stone too. I don't know if the votes count twice. As of now, Yes is in fourth place. They take the top five. So far, 1. Nirvana, 2. KISS, 3. Deep Purple, 4. Yes.

progdirjim 10-16-2013 11:27 PM

Nirvana is the most overrated band of all time

emperorken 10-17-2013 02:29 AM

I voted for Yes, based solely on their output from 1968-77. :-V

mariocc 10-17-2013 07:56 AM

just can t understand ....maybe I m too far from Cleveland......let me know but,, just to start all LL Cool JJ F DRF Daddy or something ..out !
It is not rock n roll ,,,and I think you are with me on this,,,pop singers same destiny,,,they belong another place.
Deep Purple,,no doubt,,,YES,, too,,despite they were beyond 4/4 riffs and blues,,,,roots what I understand like Rock n Roll.... KISS,,mmm,,when theatrical issues and plastic stuff come in a band I lose intererst..anyway ..nice thread cheers amigos

KeithieW 10-17-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yesspaz (Post 52064)
Beat me to it!

I voted for Yes, Deep Purple, the Zombies, Peter Gabriel, and Cat Stevens. I picked Stevens over Nirvana only because he's the long shot and Nirvana's the shoo-in.

Same votes as me Spaz.

Laudio9 10-17-2013 10:37 AM

YES...lets don't forget Peter Gabriel and Cat Stevens!!!.... Soooooo
YES - PETER GABRIEL - CAT STEVENS.... the votes are in.... not that I really give a rats ass but theres my votes... btw..Nirvana sucks...

TheFish 10-17-2013 03:37 PM

:aua: Don't they nominate Yes just about every year and then slam the door because of the fluid band lineup? Christ, if George Martin can get in as a producer Yes can get in as an entity and the virtual creators (one of at least) of an entire genre of music. Fricking Bozos. :aua:

And who the hell decided on Cleveland?

Yesspaz 10-17-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFish (Post 52073)
:aua: Don't they nominate Yes just about every year and then slam the door because of the fluid band lineup?

Nope, this is Yes's first nomination.

Giloeada 10-23-2013 04:31 PM

Hard to believe that anyone on this site agrees on anything musically, but I voted for the same ones as you guys!

Yesspaz 10-23-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by progdirjim (Post 52067)
Nirvana is the most overrated band of all time

I don't know about band, but most overrated artists, IMO, are:
1. Frank Sinatra (The One-Octave Wonder!
2. Madonna (duh).

Giloeada 10-23-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yesspaz (Post 52087)
I don't know about band, but most overrated artists, IMO, are:
1. Frank Sinatra (The One-Octave Wonder!
2. Madonna (duh).

I have to disagree about Ole Blue Eyes. What he may have lacked in range, he more than made up for in style and emotion.

For me, it would have to be Elvis Presley. He is an icon, but who actually listens to his music?

The band that is most overrated is The Rolling Stones. If there were a category called "anti-prog", the Stones would lead it.

emperorken 12-17-2013 01:53 AM

Well, Yes got snubbed again, but PG made it, and he said he WILL show up this time.

Magic Mountain 12-17-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emperorken (Post 52285)
Well, Yes got snubbed again, but PG made it, and he said he WILL show up this time.

No Deep Purple either...:confused:

Yesspaz 12-17-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giloeada (Post 52088)
For me, it would have to be Elvis Presley. He is an icon, but who actually listens to his music?

The band that is most overrated is The Rolling Stones. If there were a category called "anti-prog", the Stones would lead it.

Agree on the Stones, but as for Elvis, you're way off. Who listens to him? I do, as I have the COMPLETE Elvis. Took years to accumulate. 8-q