Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion

Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion (http://auralmoon.com/forum/index.php)
-   Website (http://auralmoon.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   AuralMoon.ROCKS (http://auralmoon.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6650)

VAXman 07-10-2015 07:03 AM

AuralMoon.ROCKS

As you may or may not know, AuralMoon hegemony are in the process of moving AuralMoon's streaming services to another server. To implement testing, I (VAXman) registered a new domain name -- AuralMoon.ROCKS. Once testing has been completed and we move everything over onto the new streaming server, the AuralMoon.com web site you're all used to will communicate/work with that new streaming server as if nothing has changed. That said...

If you like the AuralMoon.ROCKS domain name, I will maintain it past its one year registration period and setup the AuralMoon.com web server to be dual homed. Thus, you could use AuralMoon.com or AuralMoon.ROCKS to access the web site.

Opinions?

Yesspaz 07-10-2015 04:06 PM

Re: AuralMoon.ROCKS

auralmoon.prog

aural.moon

auralmoon.thisnewtopleveldomain2015rolloutiscrazy

I'd actually keep it auralmoon.com for the long term. The .com will probably be the default domain ending in the minds of the English-speaking world for the next 20 years or so. Only the people currently under five won't remember a .com-centric internet.

VAXman 07-10-2015 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yesspaz (Post 54004)
auralmoon.prog
aural.moon
auralmoon.thenewtopleveldomains2015rolloutiscrazy

If you wish to petition ICANN and IANA to institute new TLDs such as .prog or .moon, feel free to do so. I'd love to see .prog or .radio but, for now, .ROCKS is all that was available... well, what was available that sounded cool. .NET, .BIZ or any of the other 50+ TLDs just didn't float the boat for me.

Yesspaz 07-10-2015 09:02 PM

Ah, I thought now you could do anything you wanted.

Mike413 07-10-2015 10:29 PM

There is a prog website called Strawberry Bricks that you can find on both strawberrybricks.com and progressiverock.com . I mention this because I don't see any reason why you can't have two domain names for the same thing like they do. It would probably be more expensive but hey you guys can afford it. ;)

VAXman 07-11-2015 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike413 (Post 54008)
There is a prog website called Strawberry Bricks that you can find on both strawberrybricks.com and progressiverock.com . I mention this because I don't see any reason why you can't have two domain names for the same thing like they do. It would probably be more expensive but hey you guys can afford it. ;)

Hint: that's what "dual-homed" means. ;)

VAXman 03-24-2016 08:21 AM

*** ATTENTION ALL AURAL MOONIES ***

During the period when the Aural Moon streaming server was being migrated to its present system, I registered AuralMoon.ROCKS. That registration is about to expire. Does anybody see any reason why I should? Do we want to use it? The only problem I see is that some schmuck will take the name and, if we'd want it, it will be nary impossible to attain it?

Opinions? Hurry...

Service expiration is 7-JULY-2016!!!

Dreamcow 03-24-2016 08:30 AM

I'm cool with the name I'm familiar with, Auralmoon.com

lotus 03-24-2016 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreamcow (Post 54694)
I'm cool with the name I'm familiar with, Auralmoon.com

ditto....

Yesspaz 03-24-2016 04:40 PM

Yeah, drop auralmoon.rocks. Auralmoon.com is perfect. Save that money and use it elsewhere.

Bmithra 03-28-2016 11:14 AM

I think auralmoon.rocks Rocks!
But I still .com it.

podakayne 03-28-2016 09:39 PM

all of the above :ditto:

it aint broke and don't need fixing' :D

Bmithra 04-04-2016 11:00 AM

I still think auralmoon.rocks :rockband: :rawk:
Just do whats best for the moon. :thumbsup: :salute