Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion

Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion (http://auralmoon.com/forum/index.php)
-   Website (http://auralmoon.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Welcome to the website discussion (http://auralmoon.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2781)

Avian 09-23-2006 12:04 PM

Welcome to the website discussion

Please discuss any website related things here - feature requests, problems, kudos, experiences, etc.

VERNIXX 09-23-2006 02:51 PM

Re: Welcome to the website discussion

ultra mega super KUDOS!

sharcnorris 09-23-2006 07:55 PM

AuralMoon has gone Global and it Shows. Crisp Design, Informative Features, and the Finest Cataloge of ARTROCK on the Planet. The New Moon contrary to its real self, Shines very Brightly this Year!

setsail 10-24-2006 10:05 PM

Love your site and music.

One thing - I haven't been able to request a song for
at least two hours or more. Is the "one hour" rule kind of flexible?

Carry on.

KeithieW 10-25-2006 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by setsail (Post 22568)
Love your site and music.

One thing - I haven't been able to request a song for
at least two hours or more. Is the "one hour" rule kind of flexible?

Carry on.

It depends on what you're trying to request.

If it's a track that's recently played you may be barred from requesting that track again. Likewise with Artists, there are rules dictating the time between which the same artist can't be played again.

These rules apply accross the station and so if someone else requested, say, a Camel track, you will be barred from requesting that track or that artist until the necessary time has elapsed.

I hope that helps but perhaps we should have the Rules laid out in full somewhere on the Playlist/Request section of the station to make it absolutely clear to listeners and rquesters what they can or can't do.

setsail 10-25-2006 09:40 AM

thanks for the info Keithie!

Rick and Roll 10-25-2006 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeithieW (Post 22569)
It depends on what you're trying to request.

perhaps we should have the Rules laid out in full somewhere on the Playlist/Request section of the station to make it absolutely clear to listeners and requesters what they can or can't do.

Yes, that should be a must! It is very arcane to a listener who is not here often.

setsail....triplets? or another combination......

setsail 10-27-2006 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick and Roll (Post 22574)

setsail....triplets? or another combination......

Yes they are triplets. But they won't give me their combination.

Two girls and a boy. Age 8

-take care

lamour 11-07-2006 10:41 AM

fyi, I hopped into flash chat today, and I was unable to type, but could see others typing without issues. I show 2 errors in the Activity log.

The first makes no sense to me. The error is "Plug-in cancelled" on the line with this URL: http://auralmoon.com/chat/images/moongridbknd.jpg

The second is "not found" on the line with this URL: http://auralmoon.com/chat/modules/banner/banner_ad.swf

(Safari on OSX, btw)

lamour 11-09-2006 09:35 AM

ok, not sure if this is the right place to report this, since it's not actually a "website" issue, but...today Steve Morse's "Third Power" played...except the audio was actually "Fall of the Monkeywalk" by Djam Karet from the Reflections from the Firepool album.

fyi

addisleighpark 11-25-2006 11:34 AM

I just came on board this morning. What a great site full of knowledgable fans.

nashesolnce 12-09-2006 01:39 PM

Do u remember a greatest website chatroom in the internet of last sentury excite.com? There was a poetry cafe chatroom, for gifted persons. Auralmoon is similar in music. It is one of the diamants of our culture.

ZoOgY-DoOgY 12-24-2006 10:43 AM

First of all : Merry Christmas to all the moonies !

Since I knew the best radio in the world I ask myself some questions about people carrying of it. I had partially answers for some of those questions but I think it would be good if all could know a little bit more of the structure of A.M. Of course very big fans of A.M. for a long time know better all these guys who are working on the site and the prog's prog' itself ^^ So they could also help to clarify all this for newbies =)
By example :
Who's the big master of the server ?
Who's the big master of the site, of the forum ?

In fact, who makes what here ! =)

And, a crucial question : I know we can send original cds to the radio, but how ? And, is it better to send money gifts or cd gifts ? Does it depend ?

Thx
Regards

tongle 08-09-2007 02:59 PM

Radio Ga Ga!!

I love this web site - I've discovered more music I didn't even know existed than I could have otherwise without it - so a big thanks!

I also listen to Planet Rock on digital radio which is good but only regurgitates the stuff you already know.

I wonder if there is any possibility of Aural Moon appearing on digital radio in the near future?

Olaf 03-15-2008 12:41 PM

Links in schedule subpage do not work

Most links in the schedule subpage are pointing to web.archive.org. ... where of course the forum pages are not available. Would be nice, when fixed.

BTW: Showing the current Eastern time is very helpful when searching for a special show at Auralmoon from somewhere different on the globe. Great feature!

VAXman 03-15-2008 03:42 PM

Re: Links in schedule subpage do not work

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olaf (Post 32669)
Most links in the schedule subpage are pointing to web.archive.org. ... where of course the forum pages are not available. Would be nice, when fixed.

schedule subpage?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olaf (Post 32669)
BTW: Showing the current Eastern time is very helpful when searching for a special show at Auralmoon from somewhere different on the globe. Great feature!

That will change with a dynamic schedule which is based on the viewer's local time zone.

Toccata 04-28-2008 06:51 PM

Ever since I saw the AM WebSite for the first time I was impressed by the large amount of wonders he has a offer to its members, Prog.Music of hight quality,forums,chats, etc..And everything in a family community where everyone can know and is always improving and progressing.
My thanks to those who made this dream a reality!!:notworthy
Toc.

bongmilker 02-27-2011 10:10 PM

was never able to suceccfully post just wanted to test, so.... TEST