Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion

Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion (http://auralmoon.com/forum/index.php)
-   Website (http://auralmoon.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Special News (http://auralmoon.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3503)

VAXman 11-17-2007 06:13 AM

Special News

I placed a news item that RogorMortis is updating called UPCOMING RELEASES at the top of the Music News section of the web page. It will always be at this location and RogorMortis will simply update this news item with new release information.

How about a similar entry under Concert News section for the myriad festivals? One place for links to all of the prog festivals throughout the year?

RogorMortis 11-17-2007 07:32 AM

Re: Special News

Seems a good idea - but beforehand decide which festivals a worthy of being updated. The ones that come into mind are ROSFEST, NearFest, BajaProg, Progday, Summers End, Night of the Prog (Loreley, Germany), The Portuguese festival which name I can't remember, Symforce, - any more that would be big enough to attract Moonies?

And of course any other festival that attract big names (Rush, Dream Theater excluded :D)

VAXman 11-17-2007 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogorMortis (Post 29182)
Seems a good idea - but beforehand decide which festivals a worthy of being updated. The ones that come into mind are ROSFEST, NearFest, BajaProg, Progday, Summers End, Night of the Prog (Loreley, Germany), The Portuguese festival which name I can't remember, Symforce, - any more that would be big enough to attract Moonies?

And of course any other festival that attract big names (Rush, Dream Theater excluded :D)

BajaProg
CalProg
ProgDay
Prog in the Park
FMPM
ROSfest
NEARfest
Summer's End
Night of Prog

I was thinking more along the lines of just a permanent list of festivals with links to the sites.

This way, when moonies talk about meetups, we can refer to this item for links to the festival info.

RogorMortis 11-17-2007 08:22 AM

I'd still bring the news of band updates to festivals as that's part of the excitement - you'd might as well combine the two as most of us have those links anyhow........

OverHillandDale 11-17-2007 10:12 AM

I like the idea of a page where we can get quick updates of festival news without going to their links.

And in general, this page does not offer a "links" section like many sites do. People are always asking for the same links here so that might be a consideration for an improvement as well.

I'm sorry, I just made this more complicated, didn't I. I owe you a :vaxman:

VAXman 11-17-2007 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverHillandDale (Post 29190)
I like the idea of a page where we can get quick updates of festival news without going to their links.

And in general, this page does not offer a "links" section like many sites do. People are always asking for the same links here so that might be a consideration for an improvement as well.

I'm sorry, I just made this more complicated, didn't I. I owe you a :vaxman:

I'm hacking up a table for this news item.

It will have festival logo, URL, location and date(2). Logo and URL will be clickable to take the reader to the festival's web site (if available).

I think we should have a more visible tie with the festival community without cluttering up the AM web pages with banners like many of the other radio web sites. I find that banners make those sites look like busy eyesores.

KeithieW 11-18-2007 12:32 PM

Go for it VAXman.....great idea.

Moonoffruits96 11-18-2007 07:47 PM

great idea

MrMagoo 11-19-2007 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAXman (Post 29191)
I'm hacking up a table for this news item.

It will have festival logo, URL, location and date(2). Logo and URL will be clickable to take the reader to the festival's web site (if available).

I think we should have a more visible tie with the festival community without cluttering up the AM web pages with banners like many of the other radio web sites. I find that banners make those sites look like busy eyesores.

And Adblock (FF plugin) would nuke them.

Whilst you're hacking the home page, could you make the Station/Music/Concert news table headers clickable into that category? Can't tell you how many times I've tried to click on the header text, which is usually a sign to my inner designer that it's the obvious UI solution.

NorCalKurt 11-20-2007 01:58 PM

Change for the good. Bravo. Keep up the good work.

rigel1 11-20-2007 03:45 PM

VAXman - I think this is great idea. I agree about having an area to find out particulars of an event w/o having to go there and wade thru their particular site maps.

Looking forward to the result....