Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion

Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion (http://auralmoon.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion/Prog News (http://auralmoon.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Aural Moon Android App (http://auralmoon.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6420)

emperorken 09-03-2014 11:42 AM

Aural Moon Android App

Was just messing around in the Google Play Store and I found this app for listening to Aural Moon. It works well and it enabled me to get rid of the annoying TuneIn Radio app. Anyone else using this?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uralMoon&hl=en

gr8sho92 09-03-2014 04:00 PM

Re: Aural Moon Android App

Android... BOOOOOOO.

TuneIn is worth the money on IOS. It is the only player I use. The album art support sucks mostly. But I can program the patron stream and it plays delovely.

KingRat 09-05-2014 03:40 PM

Thanks. Works great. :-D

thegooze 09-05-2014 07:57 PM

Very nice Kenny. And thanks David Ramos Garcia. Hey Fish! A latino is responsible for this app. Nice. Though the racist A hole filter does not seem to be working on Monday or Wednesday. :deadhorse (8-D (8-D (8-D

KingRat 09-06-2014 10:24 AM

What stream does it use?

NorCalKurt 09-07-2014 01:57 PM

I would love to get the 128k feed on my mobil. Any suggestions.

NorCalKurt 09-07-2014 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegooze (Post 53211)
Though the racist A hole filter does not seem to be working on Monday or Wednesday. :deadhorse (8-D (8-D (8-D

Do I detect some unrest on the Moon? At least he contributes his time and effort to make the listening better here.

VAXman 09-07-2014 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCalKurt (Post 53218)
Do I detect some unrest on the Moon? At least he contributes his time and effort to make the listening better here.

:hooboy: The hellraiser's at it again.

Kudos to David Ramos Garcia!!!

FWIW, I put his app on my Android Tablet and it made for quick access to the AM stream in my vehicle this past weekend. If anybody knows who David Ramos Garcia be -- I'd have to mine the user database and hope that his name can be associated with an AM username -- I'd love to commend him for his app. My only gripe -- constructive criticism be this -- it won't rotate from the vertical to horizontal which would make it far more useful in how I orient my tablet when traveling by vehicle. Also, I pine for a larger font or a selectable font size would be welcome here.

thegooze 09-08-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCalKurt (Post 53218)

Donald Sterling & Paula Deen might also contribute their time & effort, just to have access to the Aural Moon library. But they are still Racist A holes.

gr8sho92 09-08-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCalKurt (Post 53217)
I would love to get the 128k feed on my mobil. Any suggestions.

Android or Apple? If latter, there are several options. I personally use TuneIn Pro. But there are several choices out there that allow you to manually enter the patron stream. Remember the URL is a shared secret so you don't want to be giving it out.

BTW, the Windows 8 app for TuneIn does not allow entering of manual URL.

VAXman 09-08-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegooze (Post 53222)
Donald Sterling & Paula Deen might also contribute their time & effort, just to have access to the Aural Moon library. But they are still Racist A holes.

I don't know all the names behind many of the monikers used here but I do know the names of those who have affilation with AM ro DJ and or maintain it, and those two names are not amongst that group.

KenSchwartz 09-09-2014 12:38 AM

For android, XIAA Live (free version) allows you to listen to the 128K stream - i have to enter my username and password, but it saves it, so it is only a one-time thing.
you have to add the URL to your favorites, as opposed to searching for Aural Moon (which only finds the 56K stream)

Hope this helps.

Ken

NorCalKurt 09-09-2014 03:57 PM

Thanks , Ken . Yes , Android.

Yesspaz 09-10-2014 06:32 PM

Now that I have a smart phone, I've picked this app up. Nice find.