Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion

Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion (http://auralmoon.com/forum/index.php)
-   Corner of the Mooniverse (http://auralmoon.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Another Idea / 2010 Albums (http://auralmoon.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4669)

lotus 07-05-2010 03:49 PM

Another Idea / 2010 Albums

Just another idea I would like to share with you and maybe you could give some feedback:

Sometime ago I suggested to open an automated spot for new releases of the year so that many listeners could get an impression of these new actual tunes/albums. Although the idea was quite welcomed, it got lost in transition.

Well, in order to get to know these 2010 albums and to help to make a vote for Wojtek's Moon O'Poll maybe OHD could do some dj'ed Mooniverse shows at the end of the year, presenting these albums to us. Even it would help the artists to maybe sell more albums (well, sometimes also the opposite :-\ )

Well, Dale, first what do you think of it, and then all Moonies, is this worth a discussion/comment?

ErikM 07-06-2010 02:05 AM

Re: Another Idea / 2010 Albums

Why waiting till the end of the year ??
AM needs a monthly show with (let's say) 2 hours brand new music and 15 minutes attention for every album.
There's nothing wrong with Tom's talkshow but I know many people like to hear the music and not endless talking.
Well, that's my opinion.

ErikM

TheFish 07-06-2010 11:32 PM

great idea lotus. the grey matter is on it!

OverHillandDale 07-07-2010 08:08 AM

Nice Idea, Lotus. Thanks.

How about we let the listeners set up playlists that feature 2010 releases. They could play a whole album and maybe several cuts from others from 2010 they like - or play 2 whole albums. That way we can just not worry about objectivity and blame it on the listeners. :knowing:

I would also be happy to program a weekly new album on Wednesdays. What time would be good? I would think in the 1-5 range to get all time zones in a relatively good hour. I can take that right from the "released this year" list in the station news section. This would NOT be a d.j.'s or announcer run show. Just an album played during that time slot..

Anyone else got ideas?

tobytanzer 07-07-2010 10:04 AM

Sounds like a great idea Dale. Not a lot of extra work for you or any other admin. person. You do enough as it is.

dangerboy 07-07-2010 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverHillandDale (Post 43745)
Nice Idea, Lotus. Thanks.

I would also be happy to program a weekly new album on Wednesdays. What time would be good? I would think in the 1-5 range to get all time zones in a relatively good hour. I can take that right from the "released this year" list in the station news section. This would NOT be a d.j.'s or announcer run show. Just an album played during that time slot..

Anyone else got ideas?

I like this idea. It's similar to one that I had where I suggested that no-req-Wed be whole albums instead of songs. I think I like this idea better.

Magic Mountain 07-07-2010 04:37 PM

I don't know if SAM could be programmed this way, but another idea would be for a set time period on request free Wednesday (or another day) where only songs from albums from 2010 are randomly sampled by SAM.

progdirjim 07-07-2010 11:46 PM

we are discussing the idea of a new show dedicated to featuring 2010 albums - "New Moon on Monday" is the working title and it will air Monday evenings and replay Wednesday mornings. More info to come soon...

lotus 07-08-2010 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by progdirjim (Post 43757)
we are discussing the idea of a new show dedicated to featuring 2010 albums - "New Moon on Monday" is the working title and it will air Monday evenings and replay Wednesday mornings. More info to come soon...

Great!

deSousa 07-08-2010 05:19 AM

Quote:

we are discussing the idea of a new show dedicated to featuring 2010 albums - "New Moon on Monday" is the working title

Nice!

Quote:

and it will air Monday evenings and replay Wednesday mornings. More info to come soon...

Evenings is Late Night to me, Mornings could be good, especially if its right after lunch - Moon Siesta :)

TheFish 07-11-2010 11:22 PM

Well,l It's a reality. Listen for my promo. :eeeek

New moon On Monday!:rawk: :rockband: :dunno: