Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion

Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion (http://auralmoon.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion/Prog News (http://auralmoon.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Moonies Meeting Moonies (http://auralmoon.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1272)

Roger -Dot- Lee 06-15-2005 06:39 PM

Re: a perfect dozen

Quote:

Originally posted by VAXman
1. KeithieW
2. JamForte
3. Laxmi
4. RogorMortis
5. Caylx
6. RickandRoll
7. QuantumJo
8. ProgDirJim
9. DEKhands
10. OceanVic (who because of my proselytizing is now a moonie)
11. Spike
12. Thor

One of these days, my name is going to be on that list too.

I'm not sure WHEN, but it will...

Roger -Dot- Lee, tryin' ta get out of the rut that's rapidly closing at the ends...

mossy 06-16-2005 08:00 PM

Still hoping for that Moonie UnConvention one of these days.

A real rut buster!

Rick and Roll 09-12-2005 11:14 PM

wow do you guys look tired!

mossy 09-13-2005 12:29 AM

Ok Mar, where's the smiley vax pic. I'll be very surprised if you managed to procure one of those.

Good to see you, and Mrs. vax and tee...looking just as happy as you did at the Nine Leprechauns over a year ago.

Hope you guys had a great weekend.

Speaking of Moonie Meets, Spike if you read this, I sent you an email regarding Wednesday. M and I hope to hear.

m

VAXman 09-13-2005 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by marillion13662
I did get one! Actually got a couple of *very* interesting pics of VAX. Waiting to see how much he's going to cough up for me not to post them.:haha:
I'm going to change your name to BLACKMAILER13662 O_o

I can't speak for Nadina (mar'13662) but Martha and I had a wonderful time with both her and Chris (T8R) in SF. We walked and walked and walked all over SF -- I figure about 15 miles worth.

Marillion (the band) invited Martha and myself to the after-party. I asked if both Nadina and Chris could come along and they obliged. I think it was a really special end to a really special and fun weekend. The saddest part is that it ended. I'd do it all over again save for maybe the walk by the fish market.

VAXman 09-13-2005 11:06 AM

Re: chalk up another one...

The list is growing...

1. KeithieW
2. JamForte
3. Laxmi
4. RogorMortis
5. Caylx
6. RickandRoll
7. QuantumJo
8. ProgDirJim
9. DEKhands
10. OceanVic (who because of my proselytizing is now a moonie)
11. Spike
12. Thor
13. Marillion13662
14. Teermin8r
15. Gagliarchives

RogorMortis 09-13-2005 11:32 AM

Hmmmmmm

We quiver with excitement waiting for the photgraphic revelations that would get Vax to cough up with some dough. Things are rather quiet here so a bit of inspiration for future meetings will be met with deep gratitude. :D

VAXman 09-13-2005 11:40 AM

Re: Hmmmmmm

Quote:

Originally posted by RogorMortis
We quiver with excitement waiting for the photgraphic revelations that would get Vax to cough up with some dough. Things are rather quiet here so a bit of inspiration for future meetings will be met with deep gratitude. :D
I don't mind if Nadina shares them... as long as she makes people pay handsomely to see them and the monies go to auralmoon. ;)

mossy 09-13-2005 03:26 PM

I'm only paying if they involve a bearskin rug :knowing: :knowing:

KeithieW 09-13-2005 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mossy
I'm only paying if they involve a bearskin rug :knowing: :knowing:
I did offer you my bearskin rug mossy but you (sensibly) declined.:flutter:

Roger -Dot- Lee 09-13-2005 07:00 PM

Re: SF Moonie Weekend

Quote:

Originally posted by marillion13662
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/...2/4adb6674.jpg
teermin8r, Me, Martha, VAX [/b]
One of these days Vax is gunna smile, and either his face is gonna break or the rest of the world will come screaming to a halt.

So Vax, didja ask them when they were gonna come down to Atlanta?

Roger -Dot- Lee, would pay good money to see them.

mossy 09-13-2005 07:39 PM

Yes k, very sensible. But vax on that bearskin rug might be worth a few bob. :D With Martha's permission of course.

VAXman 09-13-2005 08:24 PM

Re: Re: SF Moonie Weekend

Quote:

Originally posted by Roger Lee
One of these days Vax is gunna smile, and either his face is gonna break or the rest of the world will come screaming to a halt.
Trust me, I smiled aplenty this weekend. I had a wonderful time... but only those I had it with were lucky enough to see it. ;)

Quote:

Originally posted by Roger Lee
So Vax, didja ask them when they were gonna come down to Atlanta?

Roger -Dot- Lee, would pay good money to see them.

I'll put in the suggestion. Unfortunately, I don't carry as much clout as the band's manager on those decisions.

Roger -Dot- Lee 09-13-2005 09:12 PM

Re: Re: Re: SF Moonie Weekend

Quote:

[Vaxman smiles?]
Trust me, I smiled aplenty this weekend. I had a wonderful time... but only those I had it with were lucky enough to see it. ;)

I'd imagine so. I only wish I could have been there for that. I could have assisted Mar with the sight-seeing and guide responsibilities.

Quote:

[Again, from Vaxman]

[Marillion coming down hyah to God's Country(TM)]

I'll put in the suggestion. Unfortunately, I don't carry as much clout as the band's manager on those decisions.
That, as they say, is all one can ask.

Roger -Dot- Lee, hell, I'd even help with the logistics and adverts if so required.

Rick and Roll 09-14-2005 08:30 AM

See them smile.....

I have actually seen vax smile plenty..the requirements:

1) Guinness
2) Prog
3) cameras
4) Microsoft bashing
5) combination of the above

As for the rug....don't you remember vax?:vaxman:

sharcnorris 09-14-2005 10:40 PM

Vertical Smile?

I suggest for Compromising pictures of VAX, the bribes should go to Martha

kirk 09-17-2005 07:16 PM

hey rick~ you are to be congratulated for
losing 40 pounds!:yougo seriously, you look 10 years younger.
so, how'd you do it, cut the carbs?

vax, that tail may be longer than mine..it's pretty close.

p e a c e

kirk

teermin8r 09-17-2005 11:34 PM

On my trip to San Francisco (You've already seen the pics of Mr. and Mrs. Vaxman and nadina and myself) I was lucky enough to be picked up at the airport by none other than Jack Foster III. We had a lovely lunch together. The waitress snapped this pic for us. BTW, his new cd is great. Pick up a copy for yourself. (Shameless plug :D)

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/...2/b7ff9a4d.jpg

Rick and Roll 09-17-2005 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by kirk
hey rick~ you are to be congratulated for
losing 40 pounds!:yougo seriously, you look 10 years younger.
so, how'd you do it, cut the carbs?
p e a c e

kirk

Well I don't feel so happy about it today..my brother had a party and had shrimp, crabs, and fish and cake and.....

Then I went to see an old friend turn 40 and had meals again... and beer. I gained six back:(

Anyway....sorry father kirk for the confessional...here's how...

1) I'm home on Mondays, so I cook my lunch for the week. I make chicken or meat and mix it with a vegetable and rice. Bland, but I'm a bland guy. I also eat a salad with fruit. I have this affinity for "filled" crackers and trail mix, which I also eat. I think I'm eating too much for lunch as of late, but it saves me from fast food or eating on the run. I work at three part-time jobs, so I don't want to worry about going out to eat.

2) Cutting down. I have this self-control issue....I am very measured and organized, yet I am impulsive and don't have a good rein on my self-control. So I used to eat everything I see. I just eat less now.

3) Running. I don't do weights (it would aggravate my chest wall issues, which of late have been a lot better), so I get out as soon as I wake up and go a mile and a half (run 1/2 walk 1/2) four times a week. I'm done by 6:45.

4) Sodas....out. I used to love a Pepsi and ice cream at 10:30 at night. No more. I've been slacking a bit of late on the late snack, but it's not too bad. I was only drinking diet Ginger Ale for a while, but have since switched to root beer or diet soda. The problem with that is that there's more sugar in them than a Partidge Family tune, but total abstinence would be too hard to maintain, so I expand it a bit. But definitely no more regular soda...I think that's a major factor.

5) Losing the weight was quick, but gaining back the weight is a fear. So I've been indulging in the occasional milk shake or dessert, so I'll be less inclined to say fuck it this is too hard.

Basically I just got pissed off at myself and tried those things without an outside plan.

Thanks for asking....

:)

Rick and Roll 09-17-2005 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by teermin8r
On my trip to San Francisco (You've already seen the pics of Mr. and Mrs. Vaxman and nadina and myself) I was lucky enough to be picked up at the airport by none other than Jack Foster III. We had a lovely lunch together. The waitress snapped this pic for us. BTW, his new cd is great. Pick up a copy for yourself. (Shameless plug :D)

cool...a bit dark though...wasn't sure it was you until I saw the "OU" logo:D

About the CD...I will sometime. Gotta play it too on the show.

KeithieW 09-18-2005 05:27 AM

Excellent Tee.......

No problems with the shameless plug for Jack's CD. I have a copy (thanks to Jack) and it IS superb!!!!!!!

Thanks for the pix guys and gal. Always great to see Happy Moon folk.

Hope to meet a few more of you myself in the next few days/months/years............how sadistic is that???? :D

VAXman 09-18-2005 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rick and Roll
Well I don't feel so happy about it today..my brother had a party and had shrimp, crabs, and fish and cake and.....

Then I went to see an old friend turn 40 and had meals again... and beer. I gained six back:(

Anyway....sorry father kirk for the confessional...here's how...

1) I'm home on Mondays, so I cook my lunch for the week. I make chicken or meat and mix it with a vegetable and rice. Bland, but I'm a bland guy. I also eat a salad with fruit. I have this affinity for "filled" crackers and trail mix, which I also eat. I think I'm eating too much for lunch as of late, but it saves me from fast food or eating on the run. I work at three part-time jobs, so I don't want to worry about going out to eat.

I'll second that. I met Rick several times... he's very bland! :p :D

Seriously, the carbs in the rice... give 'em up! Fruit... lots of carb. Trail mix... more carbs and fats too (there are nuts in your mix?).

Quote:

Originally posted by Rick and Roll
4) Sodas....out. I used to love a Pepsi and ice cream at 10:30 at night. No more. I've been slacking a bit of late on the late snack, but it's not too bad. I was only drinking diet Ginger Ale for a while, but have since switched to root beer or diet soda. The problem with that is that there's more sugar in them than a Partidge Family tune, but total abstinence would be too hard to maintain, so I expand it a bit. But definitely no more regular soda...I think that's a major factor.

Soft drinks are evil... Look at some of these numbers:

Sugars Content of Carbonated Non-Diet Soft Drinks / Sugars grams per 12 fl. oz (360 mL)
Minute Maid Orange Soda (Coca-Cola Co.) / 48
Mountain Dew (PepsiCo) / 46
Pepsi / 41
Dr Pepper (Cadbury Schweppes) / 40
Coca-Cola Classic / 39
7Up (Cadbury Schweppes) / 39
Sprite (Coca-Cola Co.) / 38

For comparison, 40 grams of sugar is 10 teaspoons! That's gross!

Calorie Content of Carbonated Non-Diet Soft Drinks / Calories per 12 fl. oz (360 mL)
Minute Maid Orange Soda (Coca-Cola Co.) / 180
Mountain Dew (PepsiCo) / 165
Dr Pepper (Cadbury Schweppes) / 160
Pepsi / 150
Coca-Cola Classic / 140
Sprite (Coca-Cola Co.) / 140
7Up (Cadbury Schweppes) / 140

For comparision, a *pint* of Guinness is 125 calories.

kirk 09-18-2005 12:18 PM

i second that soft drinks statement.

besides sugar/carbo loading, you're treating your
insides to an acid bath. if you want to swear off,
it's easy to gross yourself out~
place a small piece of beef in a glass of cola.
2 days later, the meat's 100% dissolved.

pennies take about 2 weeks.

try substituting roasted almonds for your trail mix.
they're a protein, and recent studies show they
lower cholesterol. observe portions, don't overdo it.

try things like fat free ryecrisps and organic almond butter
for a more nutritious version of filled crackers.

the main thing is, don't beat yourself up for an
occassional slip. it took years to put the weight on,
it takes time to adjust the habits.

i say if you can lose weight or slow the alchohol intake
while raising teenagers, you need to write a book. ;)

k

VAXman 09-18-2005 01:11 PM

Quote:

:ditto:

Roger -Dot- Lee 09-18-2005 01:28 PM

Quote:

:ditto:
WHS.

And if you want to see what Coke does to ones innards, dump some on a rusted bolt. Overnight the rust will be cleared.

After seeing that, I switched to Mountain Dew.

All the sugar, twice the caffeine. Wait: that's Jolt.

Ah well...

Roger -Dot- Lee

kirk 09-18-2005 02:27 PM

yeah, you know Coke actually uses the syrup to
clean their truck engines...???

the tanks carry the acid/corrosive emblem.
if a syrup tanker wrecks, hazmat teams do the cleanup.

---------------------

seems like there's a few of us here in the
"teenage endgame" :aua:

all i'll say is, monitor the ipods, mix cds from friends,
view the history of net sites visits.
you don't really know what they're listening to.
it's easy to dismiss it as "that's what my parents
said about the beatles"...that gets a carlos mencina
"deet dee dee".

if you spot insane clown posse music or merchandising,
ignore doug adams and PANIC!! seriously.

k

Rick and Roll 09-18-2005 04:42 PM

Quote:

i second that soft drinks statement.

place a small piece of beef in a glass of cola.
2 days later, the meat's 100% dissolved.

k

Didn't Primus do a record about that?:

Well, maybe I should start writing. Wait...I think I transferred my intake to him:eek:

roger 09-19-2005 05:52 AM

say doctor, I'm still good with Oreos®, right?

:smirk:

VAXman 09-19-2005 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by roger
say doctor, I'm still good with Oreos®, right?

:smirk:

Three (3) Oreo cookies (the mfg's suggested serving size) is:

Calories: 160
Calories from fat: 60
Calories from carbohydrates: 94
Calories from protein: 2

Sugars: 13g
Protein: 2g
Total carbohydrate: 24g
Saturated fat: 1.5g
Sodium: 210mg

10g of sugar is a teaspoon.
2400mg sodium is a teaspoon of salt.

If you eat the suggested serving size, you're probably OK.

jazzraptor 09-24-2005 01:37 PM

Hi all:

It was fun to meet the TeerminEIGHTor! Chris e-mailed to tell me that he was coming into S.F. to see Marillion, and asked if I wanted to go. Sadly, I couldn't make the show, but I was happy to be able to get together with Chris for pizza and beer! Thanks Chris! (And thanks for the shameless plug!)

If anyone else is visiting San Francisco . . . I can't promise that I'll pick you up at the airport! But e-mail me, and who knows!

VAXman 09-24-2005 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jazzraptor
Hi all:

It was fun to meet the TeerminEIGHTor! Chris e-mailed to tell me that he was coming into S.F. to see Marillion, and asked if I wanted to go. Sadly, I couldn't make the show, but I was happy to be able to get together with Chris for pizza and beer! Thanks Chris! (And thanks for the shameless plug!)

If anyone else is visiting San Francisco . . . I can't promise that I'll pick you up at the airport! But e-mail me, and who knows!

I was there too! Too bad we couldn't meet up but I didn't arrive until later that Friday.

progdirjim 09-25-2005 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by teermin8r

hell, I can plug the new album too. If you liked the first one, this is better. If you haven't heard the first, you're in for a treat...

KeithieW 09-25-2005 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by progdirjim
hell, I can plug the new album too. If you liked the first one, this is better. If you haven't heard the first, you're in for a treat...
Don't mind me posting the same message in another thread but you're dead right jim!!!!!!!!

A SUPERB Album!

Roger -Dot- Lee 09-25-2005 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Keith Waye
Don't mind me posting the same message in another thread but you're dead right jim!!!!!!!!

A SUPERB Album!

Indeed. One of the better benefits of being on staff is the ability to ... er ... sample the wares. Jazzraptor has yet to disappoint. Ever.

Dr. Dot sez check 'em out.

Wojtek 09-27-2005 05:23 AM

What is the good Net place to get it? I'd like to review it on artrock.pl.

teermin8r 09-27-2005 05:54 AM

You can purchase Jack Foster III - Raptorgnosis cd @ musea records (which might be better for you Wojtek) http://217.128.227.4/boutique/anglais/index.php or @ http://www.muse-wrapped.com Jack's record label. I definitely like this cd better than the first one and the first one was great.

teermin8r 10-02-2005 06:19 PM

Went to Wichita Kansas this weekend and had dinner with Avian and his lovely wife. We ate at a wonderful Bayou cuisine restaurant called Red Beans. We ended up chatting for almost 4 hours, hated to leave. Very good evening. We've got to have a Moonie convention.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/...dteermin8r.jpg

Rick and Roll 10-02-2005 06:48 PM

I for one am looking incredibly forward to seeing you Term next year at Rosfest. And Nadina and Moses next month...can't wait!

Avian I remember you being worried about having your picture taken in the past...excellent to see it now. :cool:

mossy 10-02-2005 11:59 PM

tee, you must be fast approaching vax's record for moonie meetings.

good to see you, avian.

unfortunately, spike and i didn't manage to meet up in Vegas due to weddings and cell phones that didn't co-operate.

we've been talking about a moonie convention for a long time. as far as a halfway point between west coast usa and across the pond, maybe Rosfest would be the time and place?

VAXman 10-03-2005 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by mossy
tee, you must be fast approaching vax's record for moonie meetings.

good to see you, avian.

unfortunately, spike and i didn't manage to meet up in Vegas due to weddings and cell phones that didn't co-operate.

we've been talking about a moonie convention for a long time. as far as a halfway point between west coast usa and across the pond, maybe Rosfest would be the time and place?

ROSfest would be great and it's shaping up nicely too...

Chris has met 4 moonies IIRC: Mossy, Nadina, Avian and myself. 5 if Mrs. VAX counts. I've got 15 to my count.