View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 12:38 PM

Steady Stan

Spent some quality time with erstwhile and future Moonie Steady Stan and Artemis (Diana) pretty much every waking moment from noonish Thursday to 3PM Friday. As soon as I figure out which cheapo cameras have what pictures, I'll post some of Stan resplendent in his wife-beater (a term he wasn't familiar with) and Diana, who changed from business attire to casual clothes faster than Clark Kent!

Stan gave me a tour of his work

http://www.tervis.com/

then proceeded to show me how far I need to go to become a really decent disc golfer. The man owns hundreds of discs and there is a story on each one! If I wasn't so enamored with the sport myself, I'd wonder if there wasn't something clinically wrong.

Diana is an excellent player too. The three of us played two full rounds and most of a third over two days. Friday was a treat, playing a round in Clearwater in the AM, visiting the best disc golf store on the planet (like there are some in space), having lunch out, and playing a great course in the afternoon. We had to cut that short because I had to beat the traffic out of Tampa, which was unsuccessful (only cost me 30 minutes). A killer course full of water (and alligators I was told), I did run into some good old boys from Maryland only one county over.

The night before we ate at an Oriental place, where we spent most of the meal trying to determine whether to keep my fish on fire, or smell aluminum foil all meal (Diana finally poured water on it...so smart).

They have a really cool house with some interesting backyard design...

Many other fun little stories, but that's plenty for now. The important thing is that I finally got to meet them (we were to meet Mark aka Atomic Rooster too, but he had work projects). I just spent 12 hours yesterday in the car and 4 Friday night, plus driving down last week and visiting both coasts of Florida.

Stan and Diana are two of the nicest people you'll ever meet (Mossy can vouch for that), and it was worth all of the driving. I sure hope to see them again soon.

Now back to the grind...at least until Rosfest.

Last edited by Rick and Roll : 04-15-2007 at 12:57 PM.