Thread: Never again
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2003, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Keith Waye
I think you missed the point of my last post Neil.

I was replying to your comment that "This is the sort of thing that gives prog a bad name"

One piece of music CAN'T prejudice a whole genre.

That's like saying that just because you don't like cheddar cheese then ALL cheese must be bad......nonsense!
OK, listen...

I didn't say all of Glass's work is bad. I didn't say all of this genre are bad. I said this piece is bad, very bad, and I really hope I don't hear it again.

Now I did point out, in context, that defending pieces of work like this (note, not just one piece) can give a whole genre a bad name and it can. The bricks and the flag on the floor and their defenders have given "modern art" a bad reputation and works like this (note "works" not one work) can be exactly what gives prog a bad name.

Now bear in mind that NONE of that is in my original post. I don't want it never to be played here again because I don't like it, or because it gives prog a bad name - that all came up in subsequent discussions; but just because it's just a totally worthless waste of my time with no actual redeeming qualities.

NEIL
:-<|}