View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 04:16 PM
progger propellerhead

Location: Presently reside in Jackson (southern) NJ (20 miles east of NEARfest 2002 & 2003
Send a message via AIM to VAXman Send a message via Skype™ to VAXman
Re: Is XM/Sirius a threat to internet radio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Roll View Post
Everyone has different motivations. Personally, I would never buy an ipod, or otherwise ensure that the music I like is available anytime/anywhere I want it. It's just not that important to me. Doesn't matter that Sirius, or anyone else has prog. I can fill up my day with all kinds of things...and there's all kinds of things out there I don't even know about.
Then why did you increase the storage requirements of my server to post to this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Roll View Post
There will always be a niche for a community like ours, regardless of who else is out there.
I believe the crux of Cozy initial question is whether or not we feel having a satellite radio prog channel option would be a threat to an internet radio prog channel. It is with reference to that that your statement has relevance. Prog is a niche. There are several Prog internet channels giving listeners choice; hopefully, they find the best which is here. If Sirius had a Prog channel, I doubt it would single-handedly supplant the listening needs for all of the people now hooked on Prog stations on the internet. I was listening to Aural Moon when I had the XM service and the Music Lab and Fine Tuning channels were still a part of the programming offerings. There's so much more here and I made the choice to listen to AM over the XM channels. I don't think that anything that Sirius would put together would be Sirius serious competition for what we have here.
---------------------and Restroom Supplies, and Techno-patsy --

Cogito ergo iMac.