View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 11:03 PM

Trailer for the new Miles Davis biopic

As some of you may know, Don Cheadle directed and stars in a biopic about Miles Davis called Miles Ahead, and the trailer was just released. It's getting great reviews and already played at some high profile film festivals.

Here's the trailer. Looks good.

From Entertainment Weekly:

"The film premiered at the 2015 New York Film Festival and will open in theaters on April 1. Rather than a conventional cradle-to-grave music biopic, Cheadle built the narrative around Davis in 1979, a period of artistic paralysis. Ewan McGregor plays a persistent journalist who intrudes on Davis’s privacy, but becomes his reluctant partner in crime when they have to retrieve a missing tape of valuable session music. Like Davis’s music, their adventure knows no boundaries, and the film flirts with the surreal. In flashbacks, Davis courts and obsesses over dancer Frances Taylor (Emayatzy Corinealdi), and their romance has a major impact on his music.

In the exclusive trailer, Davis is a loose cannon: fighting, shooting guns, and behaving like a less than perfect husband. But this isn’t Walk the Line. As Davis says in the clip, “If you’re going to tell the story, come with some attitude, man.” This is a Miles Davis joint."