View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 08:40 AM

Re: Shut down progarchives

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick_wakeman View Post
there is a recrudescence of what they call "prog related" band reviews. Iron Maiden is having tremendous reviews posts whereas a lot of true prog rock bands are missing. This site is the one to use if you're looking for prog rock info or band. But the fact that some bands that really has NOTHING to see with prog are in there is weird, because this site used to be the premier reference in all prog rock style. I wanted to send messages to some reviewers there after registering, but it's not working.

They are now using a google platform, this is a bad change too.

Progarchive is to be the net's progressive rock encyclopedia universalis, but it seems many registered users should get out from there.
ok that explains things....maybe it's because I only use it for the basic info I mentioned. I still cringe, however, about why people get so upset about a band like Iron Maiden. They have prog elements, are hardworking, and remain true to their sound. I don't think anyone's being missed because of them. They're just being missed because no one has time to include them. it's really two separate issues.