View Single Post
Old 09-20-2004, 12:14 PM

Quite a few.

- Jadis, Understand (and then the rest of their stuff), after hearing "Is This Real"; this, combined with discovering Marillion's This Strange Engine, is what got me back into prog after a 10-year hiatus, so indirectly listening to this track on AM has caused me to buy dozens of prog CDs in the past few years.
- The Flower Kings, Space Revolver (and then the rest of their stuff), after hearing "I Am The Sun (Part One)" several times.
- Shadow Gallery, Legacy as a result of hearing "Colors" - turns out I didn't care for the rest of the album, which is more representative of their sound.
- Karnataka, Delicate Flame of Desire as a result of hearing "Heart of Stone". I now want to buy their first two albums, but they seem to only be available as imports (about US$50 from the band's Web site, somewhat more from Amazon).
- Ten Jinn, As On A Darkling Plain (I'm lukewarm towards this one)

I have several other artists on my "to check out" list as a result of AM, but haven't picked them up yet.

My other source of ideas is to just browse the recent arrivals at The Laser's Edge on-line store.