View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 01:32 PM

Re: Aural Moon unlistenable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailotron View Post
Hi, I fully agree with Jim's opinion, lot of fillers loosely related to prog rock as we use to like it here on the Moon (Miles Davis 's numerous additions ( i like him too ) or Sun Ra ( i personnally dislike ) to neme just a few.
I can see your point as long as you make sure that you're defining the genre objectively. There are some who dislike an artist or song and say "it's not prog" because they don't like it.

So now that we've established objectivity, please define for me whether Ronnie Montrose's "Open Fire" belongs on the Moon. A favorite of mine, I don't consider it prog. But it's not my call. And it was deemed to be on the playlist and I am glad.

That's one of many examples - my point is that you have to let someone determine the course. I am perfectly willing to let Jim do this, as it is ultimately his station. Of course there is listener support, and that should be considered also.

As long as the discussion is reasoned and fair. I've become disenchanted about music discussion of late. It's starting to go like the politics and religion discussions where no one can talk about it without WW III starting.

Last edited by Rick and Roll : 08-06-2008 at 01:36 PM.