Re: 2022 Work in Progress..ive

THE JOHN IRVINE BAND
Name:  uno.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  150.1 KB

Biography

JOHN IRVINE BAND

From Official Website

The John Irvine Band was formed in the summer of 2011, in Edinburgh. Contemporary classical composition no longer held my interest as it once did – it was time to return to the music I loved the most – jazz-rock.

Much of my listening, over the course of my life, has been devoted the great fusion players of the past 40 years: Pat Metheny & Lyle Mays, Gary Burton, Allan Holdsworth, Bill Connors, Jan Garbarek, John Scofield, Weather Report etc. – and I wanted to reflect what I’d learned from them and, hopefully, add something new to the genre. So, in 2010 I began to write music for a guitar trio setting – the result became ‘Wait & See’ (2011).

Two more albums followed in this jazz-rock vein ‘Next Stop’ (2013) and ‘Metaphysical Attractions’ (2018) until I decided to add a more progressive rock element to the music resulting in ‘The Machinery Of The Heavens’ (2020).

All four albums have received overwhelming critical acclaim and plaudits from many magazines and websites. Several tracks have been played on internet and terra firma radio stations, such as: La Villa Strangiato, The Prog Rock Palace, Xymphonia, El Ritorno Del Gigante, Canvas Prog Hour, Friday Night Progressive and many more. I was delighted when ‘Metaphysical Attractions’ was awarded 3rd place in the Fusion category in the 2019 Friday Night Progressive ‘IndeProg’ Awards.

Both ‘Wait & See’ and ‘Next Stop’ were recorded with the same band lineup: myself: Guitars, Keyboards, Alan Emslie: Drums, Percussion and Doug Kemp: Bass. ‘Metaphysical Attractions’ featured a new line-up: renowned Scottish drummer Rich Kass on Drums, Rob Ironside on Sax and Gwen Kelso on flute. The fourth album ‘The Machinery Of The Heavens’ featured the ‘DUO Mk.I’ lineup of me and Rich Kass.

‘Psychopomp’ (2022) will see another new drummer in the JIB ‘hot seat’ (as Rich Kass was unavailable at the time to do the sessions in Novemeber of 2021) – Calum McIntyre. Thus creating a DUO Mk.II lineup!

JOHN IRVINE BAND ... from this
latest album "Psychopomp"
I have chosen Changing Worlds

Name:  uno2022 p.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  725.2 KB

Hi friends

2022 Work in Progress..ive

These are my best tracks of 2022

Track Title-Group or Artist-Album

The Chosen Ones-LALU-Paint the Sky

Land of Green (part 1)-KARFAGEN-Land of Green and Gold

Jagannath-SIMON PHILLIPS-Protocol V

Alda-BREIDABLIK-Alduorka

Mrs Tibbets-JETHRO TULL-The Zealot Gene

Living For A Better Day-TIME HORIZON-Power Of Three

A Needle Tree-KARCIUS-Grey White Silver Yellow and Gold

No Still Moment-LIGHTHOUSE SPARROWS-Aerials

Little Pretty-STEVE VAI-Inviolate

The Elephants of Mars-JOE SATRIANI-The Elephants of Mars

Wilderness Excursion-KAIPA-Urskog

Changing Worlds-THE JOHN IRVINE BAND-Psychopomp

Name:  irvine band.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  162.9 KB

Name:  tre.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  101.4 KB

Last edited by nicola : 03-10-2023 at 03:31 AM.