View Single Post
Old 12-21-2003, 12:23 AM
Owner/Program Director

Quote:
Originally posted by mossy
“Thinking what’s important about Nick Drake is his dark romanticism is like thinking what’s important about Brian Wilson is surfing”
—Robin Frederick

Respect your take on Nick for AM, Jim.

In the meantime, for anyone who isn't too familiar, and would like to be...this is the quintessential Nick site with links that will keep you busy way past Xmas.

http://www.algonet.se/~iguana/DRAKE/DRAKE.html
mossy's first post - yay!

Mossy, re: the R. Frederick quote - I haven't tried to say or even think what's important about Nick Drake. I've got two things going on that are related but still very different - what I think about Nick Drake, and whether or not I add him to Aural Moon. As far as what I think - I see the attraction now, moreso than when I last listened to him. For that, I sincerely thank the suggestors because there's some depth to ND that I am truly enjoying now. I've also gotten a hold of 5 Leaves Left, and am listening to that as well. So far Pink Moon is more impressive to me. As I said earlier, knowing the story behind it... wow.

Again, even though I don't think he will be added to AM, sincere thanks for the suggestion.