View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 07:11 PM
progger propellerhead

Location: Presently reside in Jackson (southern) NJ (20 miles east of NEARfest 2002 & 2003
Send a message via AIM to VAXman Send a message via Skype™ to VAXman
Re: Hackers, Lamers and Script Kiddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonoffruits96 View Post
I do not mean to be rude at all but no amount of hardware or software or whatever is gonna prevent a hacker or hackers or lamers or script kiddies or whatever from hacking this place. It is so easy to hack a place like this. With the right amount of hardware and software and technology and knowledge this place will he hacked over and over and over again i am afraid.
Just going to have to live with the fact that we live in the new age of the hacker and there is not a lot that we can do about it i am sorry.
Well, the way these kiddies accessed the site is now no longer possible. If they can't access another system from the AM site, they cannot propagate their scripts. In addition to that, there was a backdoor. That has now been removed.

Granted, Linux is a toy. I would never put anything industrial purpose up on a linux box -- or a M$ box for that matter. However, AM is just an internet radio web site. Nobody will put up much of a fuss -- save the the regular moonies -- if it is taken off of the net.

If, and when, I get the time, I will put the AM web site up on a secure platform. A system that had security in mind and in the design from the get-go -- not a poor attempt, hacked on afterthought.
---------------------and Restroom Supplies, and Techno-patsy --

Cogito ergo iMac.