View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 07:50 AM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
COTM FEATURE #45 - Not Finnished

Greetings my fellow Mooniversians. I had such a fun time researching the prog scene in Finland that I have a 2nd program for you today.

This show features the first solo effort of Pekka Pohjola titled Pihkasilma Kaarnakorva, released in 1972.

You may have remembered that the early Wigwam line-up lost one of their guitarists and they could never find a full-time replacement. However, guitarist Jukka Tolonen from Tasavallan Presidentti, Finland's other progressive rock band of the early 70's, filled in part-time. They, however, did not reach the acclaim that Wigwam achieved. Why, I can't really tell because their work is excellent.

I will play for you Tasavallan Presidentti's Debut self-titled album from 1969. I will also play their third release Lambertland, released in 1972.

I hope you can join us - broadcasts of this show will be on Friday, Feb. 10 @ 9pm (est), Monday, Feb. 13 @ 12 noon (est) and Wednesday, Feb. 15 @ 0500 (est).

See you on the radio.

Dale

Happiness is a worn pun!