View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 07:22 AM
progger propellerhead

Location: Presently reside in Jackson (southern) NJ (20 miles east of NEARfest 2002 & 2003
Send a message via AIM to VAXman Send a message via Skype™ to VAXman
Re: the GENESIS story...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan_2068 View Post
Sorry to say it because I'm a Genesis fan.

I already have the money to pay a plane ticket to USA reserved for a Genesis 5 men tour, maybe would expend it in a 4 men tour.

But no Hackett and no Gabriel = NO GENESIS.

Genesis IMHO died the same day Hackett left the band.

As I said on another Forum, if they played in my backyard I would close the curtains and go to my local pub to have a beer with good music recordings.

Iván
A shame, isn't it? I was a big Genesis fan in the day. I agree with you too that when Hackett left it was no longer the same band. Whether or not it was the fault of Phil Collins, it became the Phil Collins band in my eyes. ATTW3 they seemed to try and I gave them some credit there as they tried to regroup, but after that they went into the pop (or should that be poop) hit mode. I caught the TotT tour through (I believe it was) Duke. The post Hackett live stage wasn't the same (of course, no Hackett solo).

If the tickets are not TOO pricey, I may go. I know it will be a big stadium/arena show too which I've grown to loathe. I recently caught Roger Waters at MSG. I'd forgotten how much I hate big arena shows -- Thank you for reminding me Mr. Waters. Genesis will have to play a lot of the pre-ATTW3 material though for me to cough up a dime to see them.
---------------------and Restroom Supplies, and Techno-patsy --

Cogito ergo iMac.