View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 06:34 AM

Re: the GENESIS story...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan_2068 View Post
Honestly I don't agree, they could have turned simpler, this was almost impossible to avoid in the late 70's but the reason why Hackett was harrassed and his contributions to Genesis systematically rejected is because he refused to take the easy way.

Remember that Your Own Special Way is a pure Rutherford song added only because they didn't had enough material and Banks refused to add more Hackett stuff.

Honestly I hate everything they did after W&W including the insane mutilation of most Hackett parts in Seconds Out and that horrible Supper's Ready charicature by Collins.

I can't find a single merit in post Hackett Genesis, I could only wish they would have retired or at least had the decency to change the band name.

Iván
I was under the impression that Hackett was repressed from the beginning. this did not start after Gabriel left. Tony Banks and Mike Rutherford have always exerted the most imfluence.

Right about Rutherford. that's what I've been saying for years about Genesis. This isn't a Collins thing. Let's not forget he was in Brand X from 1976-1980. Banks and Rutherford are as much to "blame".

I saw them in 1982 do Supper's Ready. Pretty damn good.

There's a thousand other bands you could say the same thing about. Why should they change their name?

On a lighter note.....what's going on with this Peruvian erotic theme park?

Last edited by Rick and Roll : 11-21-2006 at 06:37 AM.