View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 12:36 PM

Re: the GENESIS story...

Rick and Roll wrote:
Quote:
I don't think the camera thing matters a lick. Come to think of it, Lamb side three, W and W, and trick have more Hackett than any other Genesis record. He wrote plenty.
Yes it matters Rick, the band participates in the edition of the video, and you can clearly see there three friends (Collins, Banks and Rutherford) plus two guests Hackett and Bruford.

1/2 in serious 1/2 as a joke but Banks has said something like "Hackett left us so we deleted his parts from Supper's Ready".

Trick doiesn't really have that much of Hackett on the other had W&W has much more, but his best stuff (Added to his second and third albums) was rejected top place Wot Gorilla? and the horrendous YOSW.

Rick and Roll wrote:
Quote:
I don't find the later Genesis similar to the solo Collins. If anything, a lot is similar to what Rutherford was writing at that time. Collins isn't responsible for the awful instrumental part of Abacab.
Honestly all the soft songs from ABACAB to We Can't Dance sound as Collins solo to me.

Rick and Roll wrote:
Quote:
That people think Sussudio or whatever it's called is Genesis just don't know the band. They just recognize the vocals.
Well, the contemporary adult POP is present in both, the sound, arrangements are all similar and both as boring.

Rick and Roll wrote:
Quote:
What about some of the goofy songs Gabriel used to sing for Genesis? Is that so much different? Some of Supper's Ready, Counting Out Time, etc, is that really prog? I prefer early genesis..I just don't get the blinders.
Suppers's Ready is prrobably the best epic ever, any joke is erased by the mind blowing There's an angel standing in the sun or the incredible solo.

BTW: ëter only made the lyrics for The Lamb, he didn't added a single note, so Counting Out Time is to be credited to Tony.

Rick and Roll wrote:
Quote:
I like Union
It gave me hope but like it is a strong word

Rick and Roll wrote:
Quote:
I have to leave for the day, but Ivan bear in mind this is all friendly discourse...I always enjoy your comments and your passion for Genesis
Thanks, I enjoy it also.

Iván