View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 05:26 PM
progger propellerhead

Location: Presently reside in Jackson (southern) NJ (20 miles east of NEARfest 2002 & 2003
Send a message via AIM to VAXman Send a message via Skype™ to VAXman
Re: Take action! against recent copyright ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Roll View Post
While you're post is witty and amusing, and I appreciate the time you took, please don't spend any time responding to mine. I'm just complimenting Ted.
I contacted my 3 reps with, more or less, one of the form letters posted regarding this issue. It was short and to the point as I didn't want to challenge my reps with a tiring reading exercise. I've received no response whatsoever. So, in that regard, I suppose Ted deserves to be commended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Roll View Post
I fully understand the process and the fact that he probably didn't write the letter himself - naive is certainly not one thing I am.
You said, "...it doesn't sound like he's blowing smoke up our asses." and I had to say that it is pretty naïve to think that. If you would have visited the Embrace Insanity link I posted earlier, you will see that EVERYTHING Mr. Cornyn wrote is exactly what they want you to believe. Watch this brief video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66PbSzwnLes(§) from the Embrace Insanity web site. The RIAA wants full control over what you will get. The internet carriers want full control over what you get. And, of course, the government wants full control over what you get. Hmm. Reeks of collusion to me. FDR's thought police are still running amuck!

(§) This can't be true! Nowhere does it mention Al Gore and we all know HE invented the internet.
---------------------and Restroom Supplies, and Techno-patsy --

Cogito ergo iMac.