View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 07:36 PM
progger propellerhead

Location: Presently reside in Jackson (southern) NJ (20 miles east of NEARfest 2002 & 2003
Send a message via AIM to VAXman Send a message via Skype™ to VAXman
Re: http://www.toib.net/radio/ps/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmckinley View Post
On the other hand, conflating Google blacklisting this site to anything the current U.S. administration is doing is pretty silly, I'll just chalk that up to VAX's need to vent for whatever reason. The U.S. 1st Amendment is alive and well as far as I can tell, besides there's nothing in there about the internet, the 'net obviously didn't exist. I'm all for the FCC implementing some net neutrality provisions, but of course that's another topic altogether.
That's true. What the current administration is doing is far more heinous than Google's apparent attempts to protect the hapless internet user.

FWIW, there's a wealth of SCOTUS opinions related to the internet and watchdog groups like EFF have their hands full keeping tabs on what the gov't is doing. And, in case you missed it, congress is giving the white house powers to shut down the internet. The 1st Amendment is being stressed and stretched quite thin these days.
---------------------and Restroom Supplies, and Techno-patsy --

Cogito ergo iMac.