View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 08:25 PM

Re: Aural Moon unlistenable

Before I found AM, I had been listening to radioparadise.com, good music, but a very broad spectrum, depending on who was DJing, and AM was a great change because it was more focused on the genre (and much better music at that). A few songs back, SAM played Wall of Voodoo's "Mexican Radio",WTF! Moono'd like some U2 (sorry to disagree with you little brother), what's next, Sanatra and Culture Club? Just because we individuals like an album and want to donate it, and no matter how great it might be, that doesn't necessarily mean it fits here (maybe I'll donate my Spike Jones and C. W. McCall collections!). I make a living as a sculptor, but I've been known to paint on occasions, and when you mix together too many colors, no matter beautiful they may be, you get a real shitty brown, and there are times I find AM losing its vivid hues and starting to smell a little funny; maybe we have reached the time and place to define just what constitutes "prog", and cull out the square pegs - at least from SAM's playlist, if not from the RQ library. Personally, I can't stand the sound of Jon Anderson's voice, but he and Yes are all but foundational in the genre and most of my fellow moonies love them, but are there really enough of us who actually enjoy Sun Ra, Magma, Miles, etc. that necessitates their inclusion - would we be at a loss without them? Maybe just the fact that this thread exists and has grown to this size in three weeks, in and of itself says that we have a problem.