View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 11:28 AM
progger propellerhead

Location: Presently reside in Jackson (southern) NJ (20 miles east of NEARfest 2002 & 2003
Send a message via AIM to VAXman Send a message via Skype™ to VAXman
Re: NEARfest get-together?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avian View Post
Holy cow - OK, looks like you have everything covered! I was just setting up the same system on my MacBook Pro (with shoutcast server for OSX and Nicecast streaming into it, with SAM relaying the shoutcast server on my laptop), and tested it last night. So we'll have lots of options. It worked great last year AFTER I worked around the firewall port restrictions of the hotel's internet connection. That will be the only hurdle we'll have to figure out. The hotel blocks all incoming ports. Except for port 80. But outgoing ports are unrestricted (or something like that - tryibng to remember). But in any case, we'll have to fool around with that - but it's just choosing the right port numbers that will get through the hotel firewall.

Do you have something to archive the broadcast? I can probably connect to your shoutcast server, and rip the stream directly from it (at 192k) if not.

Now if we can just do this with beer in us...

A
Read the code box. ssh tunneling is the way to go. Buggers any firewall that may be there. You've got that nice MacBook Pro now, it would behoove you to get familiar with ssh. It's a great way to bypass firewalls and access resources securely when you are on the road.

What that command says is that after instantiating the ssh connection to the ssh server on the target running on port {ssh_port}, tunnel the remote (-R ) port {SC_port} to localhost and associate (connect) that port with the port {SCport) on the client side. You now only need to direct SAM to the Shoutcast server on http://localhost:{SC_port}

The PCM encoder has an S/PDIF digital output. If we had an actual digital recorder that would be the ideal way to handle it. We can then edit and convert later. I may look about later if I have a chance to. Life is busy here with the end of school and graduation. When you next see Kris, he will be a HS grad.
---------------------and Restroom Supplies, and Techno-patsy --

Cogito ergo iMac.         

Last edited by VAXman : 06-18-2008 at 11:31 AM.