View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 08:39 AM
KeithieW

Birthday Party for Aural Moon......official invitation.

Aural Moon 10th anniversary party.

Hello moonbuds and budettes.

As you know Aural moon will be 10 years old on 22nd June 2009 and there is going to be a PARTY to celebrate this momentous occasion on Friday 26th June starting at 5am EST (when the EU moon-listeners will be up and at it.. ) and going on until we collapse from sheer exhaustion……more on that later.

A huge part of the Moon experience is the listeners and so here is the opportunity for you to contribute to the party.

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to do a show on air?
Well you can:

1) If you have the capability, record a show with intros, dedications and most importantly music and we can arrange for it to be broadcast. If you want more information on this, PM me and I’ll get back to you with the details.

2) Put together a playlist and send me a PM with the details (and whatever dedications or comments you would like aired) and we will arrange to air it during the day.

The show should be a maximum of one hour in length. We need to have the detail of what you want to play in advance....it could be a bit iffy if everyone chooses, say, Supper’s Ready. I can’t imagine that you’d want to hear that played every hour during the day…..well you might …. but that ain’t gonna happen and in any case we still have to stick (roughly) to the station rules on broadcasting/repeating tracks/artistes.

If you can't manage a whole show, we'd love to have a recording of your “Happy Birthday Aural Moon”...

We're really excited that, for this day we're going to try and broadcast your shows and dedications live from a secret location somewhere in the South of the UK (OH, you guessed where already?).

So, if you send a playlist and dedications – they will be read out live on the air (possibly a First for AM)!!!

Now why exhaustion???

Well, the last time Aural Moon threw a party was 5 years ago and some of us Faffed for 36 hours straight... It was an amazing time with buds and budettes coming and going throughout the day and pre recorded shows airing. Great fun was had by all and the constant banter in the chat room and shoutbox was often hysterical.

This year's party has the potential to exceed the last one so get thinking about what you want to play.

If you’re happy to just let us, others and SAM do it then that’s fine too.

Sit back, crack open a few beers and enjoy the ride.