View Single Post
Old 06-09-2003, 07:45 PM

interesting

Yesspaz, I don't understand why you call yourself different - there's lots of people that don't like that kind of music. I do find it laughable that you pass Yes as off as some kind of guitar band, where they are definitely keyboard first. You must have been taking the pipe when Bruford toured with Genesis.

Gentle Giant is just a different animal. My favorite Giant tunes are when they rock (Glass House, Panurge) - but they have a nice blend.

I listen to a lot of heavier music, and I enjoy fusion-type music. I don't however, want to hear Genesis because they "Rock", just because of what they are.

As I've said, I'm not crazy about Supper's Ready. It's got issues.

I don't get the Oldfield reference. Taurus II is a fantastic piece of music, but except for other flashes of brilliance (Tubular Bells, Ommadawn, and especially Downwind with Gong), I do not see how his music is worthy of inclusion with those other bands.

It took me a LONG time to warm up to Floyd. It must be because everyone was shoving it down my throat. I am partial to WYWH and Animals, but not Dark Side of the Moon, or even the Wall for that matter.

I agree with Spedblavio about Crimson, and they still smoke live, but anything after Beat has been substandard for them. It's the same record over and over again. Then again, every 3 Crimson records are copies of each other (although you could clone Red and S&BB and that would be fine with me!). They shot their wad with Discipline - arguable one the greatest records ever made.