View Single Post
Old 06-18-2003, 09:10 AM

Started with my Uncle turning me on to Pink Floyd at age 10. From there my fater bought me ELP - Live (the one recorded in Canada with the orchestra).

The 1st LP I bought with my own money was YES - Fragile. This was back in 1978/79. I then proceeded to buy everything from Yes, Rush, Floyd, Elp, Genesis, UK, King Crimson, RTF etc..

I was taking piano lessons at the time and Rick Wakeman and Keith Emerson were my biggest inspirations. Later I went to college for Jazz piano and music education. So this stuff really left it's mark on me.

I can remember my mother asking me what I wanted for Christmas when I was very young. I got a SEARS stero with record player and 8 track. I got Kansas- Masque on 8 TRACK !!! Hey, I was very young at the time and 8 TRACK was IN.

So now, my vinyl collection (more than 2000) takes up a large part of one room in my house and my CD's (many of the same) number more than 1500. No more 8 tracks I'm happy to say.

Just recently (past 3 years) I have re-discovered Marillion (all of it is great stuff), discovered Flower Kings, Transatlantic, Spock's Beard, Dream Theater and a bunch of others thanks to this forum and Aural Moon!

-djsmed-