View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 07:42 AM
Patron

Re: Help wanted: Android Music Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverHillandDale View Post
Theres is never really one simple answer, of course. Several questions to consider.
1. Is this to stream around the house within the confines of your own wifi?
2. Is this feature going to be for just the tablet or will android or iphones need to be able to use it?
3. Is this a lot of music? Perhaps a cloud based service would work (i.e. Amazon or itunes or several others).
4. I use Helium Music Manager for my huge library. This program has apps for android, windows, and iPhone/pods/pads. This app lets you stream directly from your own pc. I really like it's sql based DB. It really does more than most programs to help me catalog the music files (tags and properly renaming files, etc.) It is not "slick" but has good basic player.
5. I also use what was once known as SqueezeBox. It's primarly purpose was to stream your computer music files to a player elsewhere in the home (i.e. hooked up to your stereo in the L. It has grown over the years with more sophisticated devices and has added apps to stream anywhere.

Here is a site of several apps for android. http://www.subsonic.org/pages/apps.jsp
Let the search for the Great White Whale (streamer) begin.
Thanks for your help OHD:

1. Yes
2. Just Android Tablet
3. A lot of music
4. I have a netdrive (connected via Ethernet to the WiFi Router) to stream music via PC's and Logitech bluetooth adapter (music stored only on the netdrive). Same adapter I will use for the tablet.
I only found the Western Digital Mycloud app to browse the database (ans so the music library). When clicking on the titles it plays.
I did not find a player, in which you can select as a database the external Netdrive and use playlists on it
I will check up your suggestion.

Thanks

Last edited by lotus : 04-21-2014 at 04:47 PM.