View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 10:15 AM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
Re: Greatest Prog albums of all time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikM View Post
Very nice selection, but ..... not any sign of Procol Harum, Moody Blues, Kayak, Electric Light Orchestra, Supertramp, Barclay James Harvest, Manfred Mann's Earth Band, Saga, Vangelis, Finch, Curved Air, The Strawbs ..... just to name a few more imported and well known bands.
Strange !
Sure there are a lot of "famous" names missing, but a lot of their works, while pleasant and high quality, were really not outstanding, IMNSHO. Especially since most of the above named bands were 'followers' and not leaders (with an exception or two).

I think these examples of bands are all very radio friendly. That can't be denied. That made them more crossover prog to me. If I were to make an exception or plea for inclusion, I would try to add Finch to the list.

Would I make any other substitutions? Sure. But then it would be Dale's top 100 and not Greg's.

But that's what makes personal preferences so much fun to discuss. Opinions are as varied as the music we listen to. And no one is wrong or right.

I look forward to listening to many of the albums on the list that I do not know.

Happiness is a worn pun!