View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 02:41 AM
Faffer-In-Denial

Re: AM logo for iTunes

10.4.11 (PPC) iTunes 8.2 - no dice (the "album art" drop target is not presented, for streams, under any circumstances I have found).

10.5.7 (intel) iTunes 8.2. The behavior is this:
It seems that there's a facility to allow the album art to change dynamically to reflect the album playing on the stream. Thus, while the stream is playing [providing the art drawer is showing 'currently playing' and not 'selected item'] the drag target is presented. When the next ID comes along in the stream the art gets associated with it and appears in the view.

Under many circumstances the last dragged art is retained. This is probably a bug - since, I guess, the art should relate to the currently playing album and not the source.

Anyway a large variety of actions - often including changing the view type cause the art to be cleared back to empty. For example, stopping the stream and then changing from the radio playlist to another and back clears it every time I've tried.

There might be some subtle additional action or description that you've attached to the source that changes this behavior - but that's what I find with a stream added to iTunes with default options.

I suppose that if we embedded the station logo in the stream ID tags (if that's even possible, with SAM) it might work - but there's a risk that some players might barf on that....