View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 07:33 PM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
COTM - Feature #46 - Jeff Beck

Greetings Mooniverse,

My featured artist for this week is Jeff Beck. I think Jeff Beck may have done more for popularizing Fusion or Jazz Rock than some of the greatest of Jazz and Fusion artists. He accomplished this with his album Blow By Blow, released in 1975, which rose to #4 on the Billboard charts. After hearing that album, I think many listeners sought more music of that fashion, leading to other groups like Return To Forever, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Weather Report and many others. If you had listened to it, and you were a musician, you were greatly inclined to play in the style of fusion and progressive rock. And let's face it, Jeff Beck is one of the greatest guitarists around.

So, we will take a listen to that album, as well as Rough and Ready that was released in 1971 by the Jeff Beck Group. This album gave us a sneak preview as to what direction the ex-Yarbird was going to take. Rough and Ready will open the show, Blow By Blow will follow, and we will close the show with its follow-up album, Wired, released in 1976.

I do hope you can join us. Again, show times are Friday, Feb. 17 @ 2100 (9pm) e.s.t., Monday, Feb. 20 @ 1200 e.s.t., and Wednesday, Feb. 22 @ 0500 e.s.t.

We'll have a Rockin' good time.

dale

Happiness is a worn pun!