View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 10:37 AM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
Re: Moon O'Poll 2008 / RFW

Wow, Lotus! Great Minds. I was just thinking about starting a thread about the Moon O'Poll 2008 to try to get the ball rolling on that.

Now your idea of highlighting the new albums of the year is a great idea. Would that mean the whole of the albums would be played, or just the highlights from them? Either way, we're talking a whole bunch of music. If limited to one or two days a week for just a couple of hours, it would take months to get through all the new releases for 2008.

Here's a possible additional alternative (perhaps combining several approaches would reach all of the masses - since it is hard to get one time everyone can listen). How about we dedicate several Theme Thursdays to just 2008 releases. That way people could pick from material they had not heard. This would, of course, have to augmented with a posted list of 2008 releases so folks could explore.

Okay, that's my idea. Anything to get the new music out there is welcome. It's been a great year for new material. I'm looking forward to the poll.

Also, for what it's worth, if Wojtek is not up to running it this year, I hereby volunteer to do it.

Happiness is a worn pun!