View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 08:05 AM

Aaron Clift Experiment - CD Release Party - Threadgill's, Austin, TX Aug 27, 2015

My wife (Carol) and daughter (Amanda) and I went last to hear Aaron Clift Experiment at Threadgill's in Austin, TX. They put on an amazing show! They played a few songs from their first CD, then took a 10 min break, and came back and played their entire 2nd CD! On some songs from their 2nd CD, they played with a String Quartet, which was excellent - well integrated into the sound of the band. It meshed well together. They closed the show with a cover of Police's "King of Pain" - very nicely done!

The venue was excellent and the moon was rising over the stage as they played - going well with a couple of their songs, "Moonscape" and "Bathed in Moonlight".

All in all it was an EXCELLENT, well played show. Outdoors - not too hot - low 90's - nice breeze.

In the first image - the Threadgill's sign and outdoor stage - with A.C.E. backdrop. 2nd image: Me & my wife. 3rd image: my daughter Amanda. 4th image: Aaron Clift Experiment - jammin' out!. 5th image: A.C.E. with string quartet - an amazing blending of sound!

Regards from Texas,
Ted
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Venue-Threadgills-Austin-TX-2.jpg (246.4 KB, 551 views)
File Type: jpg Ted-n-Carol-Neil-Threadgills-2.jpg (270.7 KB, 571 views)
File Type: jpg Amanda-Neil-Threadgills-2.jpg (320.1 KB, 571 views)
File Type: jpg Aaron-Clift-Experiment-Threadgills-2.jpg (255.6 KB, 562 views)
File Type: jpg Aaron-Clift-Experiment-w-Quartet-Threadgills-2.jpg (225.7 KB, 562 views)