View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 08:47 PM
El Queso Grande

Location: Feet from the southern tip of the San Francisco Bay. Pity me.
Send a message via ICQ to Roger -Dot- Lee Send a message via AIM to Roger -Dot- Lee
Re: RQing RULES by the DOCTOR....

The Doctor is in:

Quote:
Originally Posted by prickly View Post
Ok, I am new here but I think two per day is plenty.
There are believers on all sides of that debate. There are some who have a job that doesn't require a lot of interaction with others, thus they can pop open iTunes, and pop in a RQ every hour. They'll fight to the death to keep that privilege available. And there are others that like to pop a tune on the stack in the morning, head on in to work for their daily toil, and pop a few on after work to relax.

And I'll, at this point, admit that my analysis of the RQ trends is a tad outdated, but the number of daily requests wasn't the crux of the problem, and limiting the number to two per day would limit one of the more popular features of Aural Moon more than the numbers dictate. Now Vax would have more updated numbers, and if that demographic has changed, I'll gladly reconsider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prickly
The next step will be that a member getting his own show with one hour or build a tag-team with a friend for a two hour show.
I seem to recall that this idea was suggested some time in the past. If someone wants to try building a setlist and submitting it for consideration, I'm sure that we might want to give it at least a passing thought. However, and you can ask Rick 'n Roll, Yesspaz, Moses, etc., that there's a lot more to putting together a listenable show than slapping together a playlist of your personal favorites -- especially after the 12th week or so, when you start running out of things you know and run the risk of straying from your theme or what have you. And there's the risk of DJs overplaying a track as well.

Doing a show is, in a way, a lot like flying an airplane. Any idiot can build a playlist/fly straight and level. It takes a bit more to do a show/land the airplane. It takes a LOT more to do a show well/be able to use the airplane after you've landed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prickly
Furthermore I would limitate the songs for any artist onto four per day.
Request tuning is something that's an ongoing process, and a process where changes, if not done well, can cause all sorts of havoc. We don't like to arbitrarily pick numbers out without giving them some serious consideration.

Now if you have a particular artist, album, or song that you think is getting more than its fair share of play, then by all means let us know. We have ways of handling such thing.

Roger -Dot- Lee, insert evil laugh here.
Officially sanctioned station dude emeritus
Generally agreed upon second in command of OS, Web, and hardware. On the Moon.

"[m]y iPod is solar powered" Aural Moon!