View Single Post
Old 06-26-2003, 08:52 PM

Quote:
What I don't like in the current "Classical" world is the, what seems to me like a, massive upserge in the popularity of Film Soundtrack music
Can't agree more Keith, but you're going a step forward, technicaly Modern Classical goes from the late 1800's to 1930 or 1940. Current classical is considered Contemporary.

When I talk about Modern Classical, i refer to the movement born during the Russian Nationalism, that broke with the musical standarts from Europe and created a totaly diferent, firm and agressive movement, in rebelion to the soft Romantic period that was ending.

And yes, I call current classical "Holywood Classic", because they seem to have the monopoly of the arts.

But there are great musicians (not in the Hollywood mafia) in current days like: Georgy Sviridov (died in 1998), the wonderful Galina Ustvolskaya, Giya Alexandrovich Kancheli or Sergey Starostin (more in the Jazz mood in this days).

Iván

PS: Before somebody asks (like they did in other forums) it's only a coincidence between the fact that I like Russian Music and my name. I have no Russian family, don't know why my parents namd me Iván, I'm 50% Spanish, 50% scottish

Iván