View Single Post
Old 02-23-2004, 11:39 PM

Hi Rick:

Thanks for your comments. I think you're right that there's a huge difference between a band album and a solo album, but I think there's actually less pressure placed on the artist of the solo album. A band tries to develop some kind of band sound or identity. In my opinion, I didn't have that sort of requirement, because my vocals provided a natural unifying element for the album. But I can see how people might disagree; there is a lot of range on the album for ONE album! Personally I like a broad variety of music, so I didn't balk at that sort of inclusion.

Part of what I've enjoyed about the feedback is that there is no one or two favorites on the album; different people prefer different songs. I think that's true BECAUSE of the range! The kids like "Tiger Bone Wine". A more sophisticated ear prefers "Nirvana In The Notes". People who like roots stuff like "Cats' Got Nine". There's really something on the album for everybody I think, but certainly that "feature" doesn't sit well with some people.

Thanks for the review, for your praise, and for your insightful comments! See you 'round AM.