Thread: Ah, storms...
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 07:49 PM

Ah, storms...

Hey, all.

If you paid any attention to the (America) weather news lately, you know the Deep South got smashed this weekend. My town got nine inches of rain. There's flooding. Schools were closed. My friend's house had two inches of water all in her downstairs. A co-worker's house has a tree resting lightly on the roof. A different co-worker has water in her kitchen. Seven of the twelve classrooms in my area of the school had water damage, including mine. A lady who worked for my mother for two years died because she tried to drive across a flooded road. The water turned her car, washed it down stream, flipped it, and drowned her. Remember, "Don't drown; turn around!"

Tomorrow, after I leave my "real job," I will be on the roof of a rental house I own pulling off limbs and cutting back limbs that were broken and are now hanging over the bedrooms. I need to do this tomorrow because Wednesday morning we're supposed to get another round of rain.

That said, due to grading papers tonight and landlord work tomorrow, I cannot do this week's DRH. I'll leave you in the hands of your regularly scheduled prog, or Jim's lazy ass, whichever he prefers.

Thanks for your understanding,

Spaz out.