View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 05:11 PM

Send a message via MSN to darksideof Send a message via Yahoo to darksideof
Wink Hello I am new here.!!!

Hola amigos"
Actually, fews members know me all ready 'cuase I am almost every day chatting with them in the shout section of the Great site.
I just want to formally introduce myself.

I am from the Dominican Republic the land of the latin beats Merengue and bachatta and Great baseball heroes, which it made it even harder to find any prog fan in this country. Where almost this kind of music is almost or completely rejected.
Well, I moved to New York( Thank God, praise the Lord!!) when I was 18 years old and I live here ever since, however I discovered prog music in the Island! thanks to my Dear uncle, who also is a huge prog/fusion fan.

First I was introduced to the classic progressive bands in the 80's when prog-rock was not a cool thing. Actually, I believed that prog rock was pretty much dead in the 80's. As me and my uncle saw bands like Genesis, Yes, Rush betrayed their prog's root. better said "totally abandomship". so because of the lack of good music in the 80's and 90's and my desperated needs for any worthly good music I was introduced to fusion and Jazz. However, It took me quite awhile to get into. Now I am huge fan thanks to "prog".

I am extremely amaze, since the begining of the 90's how prog music had become fashionable all over again. (Look at all bands that I never heard of on this website whao!!!). I am overwhelm of how many bands out there are dedicating their talent to make prog music.
We are blessed to watch this happening right now!!
We should take avantage and enyoy to the fullest.

It will be a pleasure to discuse about prog/fusion/rock and Jazz with you guys.
God Bless the progressive rock fans and all the progressive music bands out there. !!!!

Last edited by darksideof : 06-20-2007 at 10:55 AM.