View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 09:37 AM

Re: Idiot Guest Shouters

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAXman View Post
I don't believe that NEW threads ever sent out global notification. You need to post an initial message to a thread and then the software considers you subscribed to the thread. You then receive notification of future posting to that thread.

Unilateral?

What do you feel you should have been notified about that you were not?

Personally, I think I should move this thread to where the general AM audience can read and respond to it. This problem affect more than just patrons.
You are right, I should have said that I didn't see this when I searched under new posts (and I was logged in).

Also, I agree about the moving of the thread.

You've blocked my emails and I have a bad address for dot lee. Davin and Jim are the only contacts I have, so server issues and password changes were not relayed to me. I get them eventually.

In our black box discussion, you said "You'll have to start logging in". Not, can you log in or why do you not log in (which Davin asked me once a long time ago). That sounds like a decision was made. The thread here has only been active for a few hours, and I didn't see it. When I questioned why and tried to have a discussion, you didn't seem to want to discuss it.

Mossy does not sign in because she needs to leave on a dime. I have the same issue.

Also, if others see her name as logged in, they will pester her with shouts. Is there a way to require log in but not show the name as logged in? I would log in if that was the case.

Last edited by Rick and Roll : 11-29-2006 at 09:43 AM.