View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 11:35 AM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
Hardware replacement & Upgrade Fund

As some of you may have read, the station equipment has suffered some catastrophic failures lately. In the news item Vax posted about the latest occurrence, he has isolated the issue as being the type of hard drives that were used. Vax understands this equipment on a level so far ahead of many of us. I am so grateful for his dedication to the station, our shared art form and this loving community.

I feel, however, it may be time to help shoulder some of the burden Vax carries. It is apparent new hardware is in order to correct the issues at hand. Therefore, I am instituting a call for a fund raising campaign to make capital investments in replacement equipment and any potential upgrades the management feel warranted. I volunteer to head this campaign.

Those of you who would like to pledge small amounts (and I am NOT asking for large amounts) can contact me by personal message here on the website where we can discuss transfer of funds privately. (I do have a paypal acct. which should make it fairly easy for most).

This is a good time to get rid of that change in the coin jar, the price of a couple of Staryuks coffees, or the price of a used or new cd. Just an amount that won't hurt, as we all know the economic climate is on smog alert orange these days.

Give what you can, and help move us forward into the future spreading the rich genre of music we share.

Dale

Happiness is a worn pun!