View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 09:35 AM
No clue anymore

Re: Rate the vocalist scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamour View Post
ok, first off, props for being a geek and counting from 0. lol

However, I have two major issues with this scale. First, I agree with whoever said this scale is upside down. Think of it out of context: "This singer is really a zero, man." Does that sound like a good thing? lol

And my other major beef is that there are two important factors to consider with vocalists. One is the quality of the voice and the other is the quality of the singing. Hammill has a terrible voice, but is a good singer. Same for Todd Rundgren. There are many examples of bad singers with pleasant voices. I just don't think you can get away with a single number for this scale, but splitting it makes it too complicated. I think it would be easier to just go back to trying to figure out a definition for "prog" ;-)

For crying out loud. The scale reflects magnitude of imperfections.
0.0 meaning there are no imperfections. (I thank you for the geek comment! )
10.0 meaning loaded with imperfections. Or it just plain bugs the shit out of you.

Besides it was just meant to be read and be amusing. No participation was intended.

OK? Have a nice day

" A dog will look up to you, A cat will look down on you, but a pig will look you straight in the eye" - W. Churchill

"There are three things Money can't buy, Manners, Morals and Integrity." - Me

Last edited by TheFish : 01-05-2012 at 09:50 AM.