View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 02:43 PM
progger propellerhead

Location: Presently reside in Jackson (southern) NJ (20 miles east of NEARfest 2002 & 2003
Send a message via AIM to VAXman Send a message via Skype™ to VAXman
Re: Now Playing window in IE7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8sho92 View Post
Vax offered the following link as an explanation to what is being seen.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...51(VS.85).aspx

The key information is as follows.

The behavior described in this comment is by-design. In Internet Explorer 7 and later, you cannot remove the address bar in Internet Zone windows, for security (anti-spoofing) reasons. As described in the MSDN article above, in IE7 and later, location=no simply hides the back/forward/stop navigation buttons, and makes the address bar read-only. (The reason you can hide the address bar when the file is saved locally is that the file is opened in the Local Machine zone rather than the Internet Zone.)
-EricLaw, Program Manager, Internet Explorer Security.

The address bar is not supposed to come in a pop up, if we are setting "location=no" in the input "Features" of window.open(). It is coming at certain situations as follows. Please let me know why it is coming like that.
Steps to reproduce this issue

I appreciate why this design decision was made: security trumps appearance.
OK. The problem is that the calculated window size should encompass the page's content and not be consumed by the location (URL) window; empirical observations have proven otherwise. However, there is a boolean window object property (window.locationbar.visible) which denotes whether or not the location window is present. I have modified the code to select window size accordingly. It appears to work with FireFox, so I would hope it will work with IE7 and the other browser you'd called out. I have tested with Safari, FireFox, Netscape, SeaMonkey, and Opera, and all now function as expected.
---------------------and Restroom Supplies, and Techno-patsy --

Cogito ergo iMac.