Thread: Brand X
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2003, 08:35 PM

Thumbs up BRAND X - Favourite tracks

My favourite tracks on each Brand X album are -

UNORTHODOX BEHAVIOUR - It would have to be almost all of this album, but to pick some out: 'Euthanasia Waltz' for its nice guitar melody and 'Running On Three' for Phil's terrifying speed.

MOROCCAN ROLL - I really like Phil's bits: 'Why Should I Lend You Mine' and 'Maybe I Should...': wonderful spacey atmosphere. Percy Jones 'Orbits' wins for outright weirdness.

LIVESTOCK - '-Ish' has a nice relentless feel to it. Kenwood Dennard shows he is no slouch on 'Malaga Virgen'

MASQUES - 'The Poke' gets things going well. Morris Pert actually wrote three tunes on this one! By the way, who is the drummer on this album: Chuck Burgi??

PRODUCT - 'Not Good Enough - See Me!' is incredible, Percy goes nuts at the start. 'Algon' has great use of dynamics and speed variations.

DO THEY HURT? - 'Noddy Goes to Sweden'; Percy again!!! 'Triumphant Limp' is a great showcase for all the band.

IS THERE ANYTHING ABOUT? - I must admit it sounds as though the band ran out of ideas here. 'A Longer April' is a nice tune, but 'Modern, Noisy and Effective' is a half-assed re-write of 'Soho'.

There you go.

Andy