Thread: I love it...
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2003, 11:21 PM

oh no here we go again

Powerslave, you should recognize that reference as Dio from "Neon Knights". Very interesting about the Rainbow references. Stargazer I can see, but A Light In the Black is just a tune with a long jam in the middle. And Fools Overture is just a bloated tune - at least 5 minutes of it is just background stuff.

Please, please, PLEASE promise never to mention Asia with any of the above bands.

BOC is an interesting reference. A lot of prog-type qualities, but still just a rock & roll band. And a damn good one too. Still very good live, too.

Your definitions 1 and 2 are total opposites - I am still scratching my head over that. I may never figure it out!

I happen to think Iron Maiden is much more progressive than those ordained prog-rock metal bands like Ice Age. But as I've said over and over, I have no particular hankering to hear it on Aural Moon (but you could request Seventh Son of A Seventh Son and I wouldn't complain).

Any finally, I feel that Black Sabbath (from Paranoid to Heaven & Hell inclusive) is a very progressive band. Especially the Sabbath Bloody to Never Say Die period. Any hey, isn't that Wakeman and Don Airey on keyboards?

Keep it coming - I find this topic interesting (even though the vast majority will find it exasperating).