Thread: Post Rock
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 08:19 PM

Re: Post Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by schupdoggy View Post
Does anyone else appreciate Post Rock like I do and what are some of your favorite bands?
Schup, I do. A large chunk of the AM post rock library was donated by me, but not all (Jim's got a collection too.)

Here's a good list: GYBE!, Mogwai, Maserati, (early) Tarentel, Mono, Tortoise, Don Caballero, Turing Machine, Explosions in the Sky, Do Make Say Think, God Is an Astronaut, The Letter E, Physics, Ilium, Couch, Lermontov, Billy Mahonie, The Roots of Orchis, Lumen, Unwed Sailor, A Minor Forest, The Album Leaf, Adebisi Shank, Battles, Blueneck, Ghost Pony Yakuzai, Collapse Under the Empire, Clouds Echo in Blue, Collections of Colonies of Bees, Daturah, Dreams of My Sky, Fontanelle, From Monument to Masses, Giraffes? Giraffes!, Grails, Hammock, I'm Not a Gun, How Comes the Constellations Shine, Jakob, Long Distance Calling, Leech, The Mercury Program, Milhaven, My Education, Oriin, Pele, Pell Mell, Russian Circles, Silence Kit, Simple Is Good, The Six Parts Seven, Slint, Sleep Dealer, Sleep Makes Waves, This Will Destroy You, Tristeza, Underground Cities, When Lions Meet Bears, Volcano Choir, Across the Waves, Woe.

... And that's just a cursory look through my collection. Some of these are "pure" post rock, some are "math rock," and a few are post rock's version of fusion.