View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 11:49 PM
Patron

Re: Idiot Guest Shouters

Rick, I had to think about it for a minute and my issue (and yours formerly I think ) is that it takes time to log in. I know...pathetic. So, typically I hear the bosses keys jingling and then he's upon me, mid log-in, no time to "X" out. You tried to teach me alt tab and I couldn't get the hang. So I'm madly trying to log in/out, hit the dam "x", and finally just hold a paper up to the screen to block it, and pretend to be reading same

So, guest log ins work for me because of speed involved, but this is just my own little personal situation, and I understand the issue that KW is putting forward regarding requiring log ins for black.

The other thing is I don't think my presence in black attracts any more interest than anyone else being there....at least that's been my experience. More me hoping someone will say something in the piffling two mins or something that I have in black. Again..pathetic time management skills I'm afraid.

The other downside with logging in as me and not as guest, and this is a universal thing for everybody, is that my name remains on the list for AGES after I've logged out. This makes me feel badly because it looks as if you're there but you're ignoring. If the logged in name could disappear when the person logs out or "x's" out, I think this would be an improvement. Not a techie though, so don't know if this is feasible.

But these are little things in the larger scheme of things, really. We used to have guests in white and it was sometimes fun, sometimes annoying (especially to lotus. Actually lotus being annoyed was fun too). This has now transferred to black. I think because the Moon has grown so much since the inception of the new site, it would be nice to know who you're chatting to in black. More of a community feeling. Too many anonymous guests sort of reeks of the anonymity of the internet and precludes accountability.

So, for that reason, I am in favour of logging in to black. I will have to deal with my own crap at work. But thank you Rick for thinking of me. And glad you no longer have to deal with it.