View Single Post
Old 09-17-2005, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kirk
hey rick~ you are to be congratulated for
losing 40 pounds! seriously, you look 10 years younger.
so, how'd you do it, cut the carbs?
p e a c e

kirk
Well I don't feel so happy about it today..my brother had a party and had shrimp, crabs, and fish and cake and.....

Then I went to see an old friend turn 40 and had meals again... and beer. I gained six back

Anyway....sorry father kirk for the confessional...here's how...

1) I'm home on Mondays, so I cook my lunch for the week. I make chicken or meat and mix it with a vegetable and rice. Bland, but I'm a bland guy. I also eat a salad with fruit. I have this affinity for "filled" crackers and trail mix, which I also eat. I think I'm eating too much for lunch as of late, but it saves me from fast food or eating on the run. I work at three part-time jobs, so I don't want to worry about going out to eat.

2) Cutting down. I have this self-control issue....I am very measured and organized, yet I am impulsive and don't have a good rein on my self-control. So I used to eat everything I see. I just eat less now.

3) Running. I don't do weights (it would aggravate my chest wall issues, which of late have been a lot better), so I get out as soon as I wake up and go a mile and a half (run 1/2 walk 1/2) four times a week. I'm done by 6:45.

4) Sodas....out. I used to love a Pepsi and ice cream at 10:30 at night. No more. I've been slacking a bit of late on the late snack, but it's not too bad. I was only drinking diet Ginger Ale for a while, but have since switched to root beer or diet soda. The problem with that is that there's more sugar in them than a Partidge Family tune, but total abstinence would be too hard to maintain, so I expand it a bit. But definitely no more regular soda...I think that's a major factor.

5) Losing the weight was quick, but gaining back the weight is a fear. So I've been indulging in the occasional milk shake or dessert, so I'll be less inclined to say fuck it this is too hard.

Basically I just got pissed off at myself and tried those things without an outside plan.

Thanks for asking....