Thread: Feature Request
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 09:12 AM
progger propellerhead

Location: Presently reside in Jackson (southern) NJ (20 miles east of NEARfest 2002 & 2003
Send a message via AIM to VAXman Send a message via Skype™ to VAXman
Re: Playlists and Requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8sho92 View Post
Wow, impressive write-up. A FAQ for this would certainly be a nice to have. I seem to be making a habit of asking for these.

FWIW, while I didn't understand the exact method used for managing the queue, I kinda got a sense for how it worked. Just showing the relative ordering of the request queue by request time itself is a gross enough cut and is what my original request was based on.

The whole purpose of this really is about time management and to get a high level sense of when one's request will get played in the next 60-90 minutes. (Even here there is a great amount of imprecision because it only takes a few 26 min plus long songs to mess you up.)

Thanks for listening,
Carl
My ONLY issue with ordering it by the entry (requested) time-stamp is that people may misconstrue the ordering and then I'll hear, "Why did that request play before mine when I requested my at 0600 and that one was requested hours later?"

Also, since it is only a list of artists in the request queue, it's does seem easier to scan the list alphabetically.
---------------------and Restroom Supplies, and Techno-patsy --

Cogito ergo iMac.